Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 March 2017 at 3:12PM
    Hi,

and it is '6 dial'.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you,

I'm thinking it going to best to get your friend in touch with the business department, so they can look in to it properly.

They also need to establish what's going on with the bills, Business accounts aren't something I do, so I don't want to say the wrong thing.

Your friend can email me at WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

Helena, I think you could be right, just the one meter for all properties, that could mean that it is on a business/commercial rate, which means high bills for the flats.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi,

Helena, I think you could be right, just the one meter for all properties, that could mean that it is on a business/commercial rate, which means high bills for the flats.

And 20% VAT me thinks...
  • frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

islandman, that meter has two readings, low and normal, sometimes called night and day, in a house set up it would be called Economy 7 (E7), used in houses with electric storage heaters.
  • System
    My friend has had the opportunity to speak to one of the residents of the flats and they each have coin operated meters for the own usage.

Next, Helena, EON won't speak to my friend and he isn't the account holder, but whilst he is talking to me (via phone) I have re-read your post and see the link you give is for access to YOU by email, so will ensure he does just that. I will PM you his and his partners name. Oh, I can't you have no facility to be PM'sgd.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Hi,

Also that would mean 20% VAT for the Flats(should be 5%).
  • System
    Can I just add, that the last quarter, he was charged £700, which equates to £233 per month and during the winter, they are closed some of the time and when trading, it's about 9.30am till 3,00pm so short days. Lights and one freezer.
  • frugalmacdugal
    Hi,
    islandman wrote: »
    My friend has had the opportunity to speak to one of the residents of the flats and they each have coin operated meters for the own usage.
    Cardew wrote: »
    Also that would mean 20% VAT for the Flats(should be 5%).

flats are on coin meters, but landlord could still have them set to collect at commercial rates.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 17 March 2017 at 5:36PM
    islandman wrote: »

Can I just add, that the last quarter, he was charged £700, which equates to £233 per month and during the winter, they are closed some of the time and when trading, it's about 9.30am till 3,00pm so short days. Lights and one freezer.

It is illegal to sell electricity to tenants at a profit.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/74486/11782-resaleupdateoct05.pdf

Given that the meters recorded 22kWh on the 'normal' meter register(how much on the 'low' meter register??) at least 10hours(17h -7h) normal use, it seems unlikely that your friend is paying for the whole buildings supply of electricity and the landlord is getting the money from the meters in the flats. On the other hand 22kWh is far too much for a freezer for 10 hours.

What heating is in the building?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport