Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    morning all,

happy birthday Shala :)

+2lb for me this week :/ back on it after a mope first thing. Got a bagel thin for my lunch (6.5 syns I think?)

tea I got some of the morrisons healthy sausages (brand that replaced nume? need to check syns) will have with veggies and either pasta or mash :)

got errands to run on lunch and a work event to walk to and from. hubs at tennis tonight for 2 hours so going to feed toddler then do my dvd then eat mine probably)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Happy birthday darling Shala. Hope it's a good one!
    Went to class this morning and pleased to report -1 1/2LBS very pleased with that as I'm back in target range. I want to get to the bottom end though so will keep on plan.
    Menu today is :-
    He a milk
    Heb hifi x 2
    B hifi bars at class
    L sw chips, egg and pickles
    D chicken stirfry and noodles
    Snacks satsuma, Apple, options (2)
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 March 2017 at 12:43PM
    Happy Birthday Shala. :bdaycake:

It was a big fat +2lb for me at weigh in. I could have cried.
    Really disheartened but plan for today is:

B: ML FF Yog Tea with milk from HExA
    L: Skinnylicious Soup (2.5) Melon, Frozen berries
    D: Not sure yet
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Happy Birthday Shala!! :A
  • Happy Birthday Shala :beer:
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Afternoon all

It's DH's birthday today and we're going out for a meal later to an Italian restaurant. I'm driving so that will cut down on the Syns to some extent, but there will be a few extras consumed.

It's really hot here - 32 degrees - it's gone from one extreme to the other, and as much as I love the sun, it's just too hot to move. We were planning to go out for a walk but we wimped out. The forecast is the same for the weekend then it's going to drop back down to 17 degrees, so it will be like going from June to February in 48 hours.

Well done to the losers today and commiserations if you've gained, don't let it get you down, stick to the plan and it will work in the end.

Pleased to hear you're feeling slimmer Lantanna even if the scales don't back that up, and well done for staying off wine, that's definitely my bete noire.

Mad with money - the number of foods with sweetener in is surprising, but so is the number with sugar. I've been trying to cut down on both but I wouldn't be able to give them up altogether.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I think the weather in the uk is good too so make the most of it.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHALA:bdaycake:
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy happy birthday dear Shala.
    Have a lovely day. Enjoy xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Happy Birthday shala and to your DH lois.
    :bdaycake:If they share the cake it'll cut back on syns.
    :T to all losers and I'm pleased to say I'm one of them today.

3.5 lbs off and I'm back just below target. :D It's all because I had so few syns last weekend when I was feeling rough. I'm not saying that you need to cut back on syns to lose (I always had the maximum 105 when getting to target) but I've got lazy maintaining and don't measure HEXs any more so extras creep in.

It's my birthday on Sunday and my holiday next week is my birthday treat. Not sure what we're doing on the actual day yet, my own fault as I can't make my mind up.:o

joedenise wrote: »
    cooked peas, lettuce & spring onions (it's a French side dish which is absolutely delicious)
    Denise

How do you cook that denise. It sounds like a good idea for when we have LO lettuce. My French niece does something similar with fried/softened onion, add a tin of peas and carrots (French love their canned veg) and heat through.
    lantanna wrote: »
    The Prosecco is going into my wine stocks, haven't touched a drop of wine since coming back after hols at New Year. I will enjoy it when I've a good bit of weight off even more!

Have you been alcohol free :eek:or having gin instead? I was wondering if I had some gin syns it would help me keep the syns in check.
    tea I got some of the morrisons healthy sausages (brand that replaced nume? need to check syns) will have with veggies and either pasta or mash :)

If they're the Eat Smart 70% fat, the pork ones are 1 syn but the Cumberland are just 0.5. Let us know what they're like.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Puffed Wheat, HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese, cornichons and pickled cabbage
    D: chunky chilli (with beef cubes), rice, SW chips
    Syns: weekend wine:j
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Change of plan at lunchtime as we were at Ikea so had lunch there. I chose the salmon fillet with pilaf, which was pearl barley with green beans, courgette & peppers in it, which I really enjoyed. It came with a hollandaise sauce with lemon & wild garlic, which I asked for on the side so didn't actually eat very much of it (less than a teaspoon so not bothering synning).

Still having the sea bass this evening so a very fishy day today!

Maman - I'll be using a JO recipe but without the butter & flour! Will also use less stock as it won't be thickened. Here's a link to the recipe - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/braised-peas-with-spring-onions-and-lettuce/

I haven't got little gem lettuce so will be doing it with some sliced romano heart as that's what I've got at the moment.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport