And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a bad day considering and ready for the new arrivals tomorrow.
    Managed a kettle bells class and a healthy eating dayso I'm pleased about that.
    Only spends were 79p on toothpaste and £1.49 :money: on sunglasses in the sale ( I broke mine during the hols).

Off to bed now as I'm pooped (such a lightweight:rotfl:)

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Hope first day back went okay! Reading the last couple of pages seems you are super organised well done! ( Though I live in a similar state of dissaray once term starts :rotfl: trying valiantly to declutter and keep organised but it usually looks like I live in a novel by Thursday night! :p)

Must join the Grocery challenge as ithink here is potentially where we have some big savings to be made! :j :j:money:
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hope first day back went okay! Reading the last couple of pages seems you are super organised well done! ( Though I live in a similar state of dissaray once term starts :rotfl: trying valiantly to declutter and keep organised but it usually looks like I live in a novel by Thursday night! :p)

Must join the Grocery challenge as ithink here is potentially where we have some big savings to be made! :j :j:money:

Thanks Ella, I've survived my first teaching day:)

GC is brilliant, give it a go!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Another day done and a pretty positive one even though I definitely feel like I'm back on the treadmill:eek:

Drank 2.5 litres of water
    Spin class done
    Healthy eating and freezer use up so no cooking:j( porridge, LO Chinese pork fried rice and salad for lunch, tom and basil pasta and salad for dinner)
    £9.74 paid to mortgage OS from TCB and Shopium
    £2.14 spent on milk and a load of lovely prechopped/s!iced fruit reduced to 10p a pack:money:
    Marking and prep for tomorrow done
    Load of washing nearly done
    Daily cleaning routine half done

I'm off to have a quick sweep of the kitchen floor and then hang the laundry on the airer before having half an hour with my book then an early night - living the dream:rotfl:

PPx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Pleased you are still standing after day 1. Only another 189 to go....
    I have to say I am not missing it. Although the fact that there is only 1 teacher out of 10 left at the school that I worked with, I left in April 2016 for Mat leave. I think that says a lot about the school I've left.

Sleep well.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Pleased you are still standing after day 1. Only another 189 to go....
    I have to say I am not missing it. Although the fact that there is only 1 teacher out of 10 left at the school that I worked with, I left in April 2016 for Mat leave. I think that says a lot about the school I've left.

Sleep well.

189:eek:
    I've worked in the same school for donkey's years. Its not perfect but the kids are nice as are adults (most of the time:rotfl:).

Are you thinking of going back to teaching?
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Definitely not as knackered as I was yesterday. Must be all those early nights:) coupled with a good day at work:D

No money news as such but a few MSE victories;

Nsd

Porridge with foraged blackberries for breakfast, veggie tagine from the freezer with ys salad and ys fruit for lunch, batch cooked tomato and basil sauce from the freezer with hm turkey meatballs and basics spaghetti for dinner.

Daily clean done

Laundry near!y dry on the airer (too much rain to risk the line)

Got a pile of really good quality clothes, most still with tags:eek: from a friend's daughter. :money: Will regift a bottle of fizz tomorrow as a thank you.

Went to yoga using monthly membership

Drank 1.5 litres of water - must try harder:o

Enough dinner leftovers for lunches tomorrow plus one portion of pasta and sauce for the freezer.

Off to watch TGBBO on catch up. Nighty Night:)

PP x
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    189:eek:
    I've worked in the same school for donkey's years. Its not perfect but the kids are nice as are adults (most of the time:rotfl:).

Are you thinking of going back to teaching?

Maybe a bit of supply. I've got a bit of a consultancy gig with a school about an hour away from here. I'm going to be doing all their data analysis work, prep for pupil progress meetings and reporting to governors etc. (For a lovely head I used to work for) and I can work it round hubby's job so don't need child care for the days I have to go to the school, rather working at home in evenings and nap times. We'll see how much that actually works out as (first day next week) and if she can pimp me out to other schools.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Maybe a bit of supply. I've got a bit of a consultancy gig with a school about an hour away from here. I'm going to be doing all their data analysis work, prep for pupil progress meetings and reporting to governors etc. (For a lovely head I used to work for) and I can work it round hubby's job so don't need child care for the days I have to go to the school, rather working at home in evenings and nap times. We'll see how much that actually works out as (first day next week) and if she can pimp me out to other schools.

Sounds great,best of both worlds :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    and very glad I am too :).
    I've actually had a really good first week of term and in many ways its nice to be back. The pace however is a little relentless and a bit of breathing space and time to catch up with family and friends will be great.
    Plans include a mix of walking , a couple of runs in lovely places, lounging in front of a box set, good food and an odd glass of wine :D

Today has simply flown by but I have got a few ongoing jobs knocked off and have had a couple of MSE successes.

Drank 1.8 litres of water

Cheap, healthy eating (porridge and ys mango for breakfast, lo tom and Basil sauce and spaghetti with salad and ys melon for lunch , bacon and mushroom risotto with salad followed by ys berries and yoghurt for dinner)

Did full body conditioning class

Load of laundry done and on the airer

Ironing (which I hate!) done.

Daily cleaning routine done

Repaired belt loop on jeans and a bra with an escaping under wire

Enough lo risotto for lunches tomorrow.

In terms of money news it was rent day so I transferred my £500 annual costs/holiday/car replacement to my MOS account minus £67.50 which I used to pay for the Autumn coal which arrived this week. I also made a OS payment of £169.40.

£4.17 was spent on two bags of mixed peppers for salads and roasting, 4 pints of milk plus 5 bags of mixed artisan rolls (6 in each bag) for 10p a bag, lemon pancakes, 10 p and 2 tubs of mixed berries which were also 10p each :money: The rolls are in the freezer and the berries and the pancakes will do for the kid's breakfast tomorrow.

Off to bed as its past my bedtime:)

PP x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback