3 Getting there own back?

Comments

• srisport
    srisport Posts: 198 Forumite
    esuhl wrote: »
    If you cancel your old contract, won't you lose your phone number...?

Not if i ask for the PAC code after cancelling

I can't remember the details, but there was some kind of promotion on the Three site. And I got cashback via Quidco too.

I think it might have been £30 or £35 cashback because the discount on the Three site was already pretty good.

I think I just timed it right and got a really good deal. I'd been looking around for a while and the prices and cashback seem to fluctuate quite a bit over time.

So you still got the cashback even though the contract was on sale? Nothing in the quidco terms says that it can't be used in conjunction with other offers. How long did it take from tracking the cashback to being payable?

Regards.
  • srisport
    flashg67 wrote: »
    Have a look at your bills and see if you really need all the data - my step daughter thought she was data heavy but only actually used 7Gb and was able to find a better deal elsewhere

in the past 12 months, only once have i gone over 30GB of data but the rest of the time I'm usually round the 24-27GB per month.

Its the unlimited minutes i don't need, i don't even need unlimited texts either but for £19 you can't really complain. At least I'm not the only one being moved off this plan, this is probably the answer i was originally looking for tbh when i started this thread.

Regards.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 7 March 2017 at 8:16PM
    srisport wrote: »
    Not if i ask for the PAC code after cancelling

I don't think you can get a PAC on a closed account. :-/
    So you still got the cashback even though the contract was on sale? Nothing in the quidco terms says that it can't be used in conjunction with other offers. How long did it take from tracking the cashback to being payable?

Yes. Because the Three deal was so good, I think Quidco set up a special (slightly-lower) cashback level for it. Read through all the different cashback amounts on Quidco to make sure that you haven't skipped over the one that applies to your specific deal if it's on sale.

I just got the cashback, actually -- it must be three or four months since I took the contract out, so it takes a while!
  • srisport
    I don't think you can get a PAC on a closed account. :-/

By requesting a PAC code i have started the cancellation process of my Sim Only contract with three which i have 30 days to use, took me 30mins of nagging the three operator but finally got it, I'm going to transfer it to a PAYG o2 sim i no longer use, take out the new contract and transfer it back to my new 3 contract.
    Yes. Because the Three deal was so good, I think Quidco set up a special (slightly-lower) cashback level for it. Read through all the different cashback amounts on Quidco to make sure that you haven't skipped over the one that applies to your specific deal if it's on sale.

I just got the cashback, actually -- it must be three or four months since I took the contract out, so it takes a while!

looks like all 12 month contracts (unless specified in a different deal) on Quidco that have 4GB data upwards come with a £50 cashback bonus, I'm looking at the 30GB with 600mins and unlimited texts for £20 on the three website.

With the £50 cashback given that will leave me with a contract which has cost £15.83 per month for 12 months.

So not only have a gained in 400 extra minutes over my old contract but i have increased my tethering allowance as well from 4GB too 30GB for £0.83p extra a month!

Fingers cross i get the cashback now... :o

Regards.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My wife was on a similar tariff of: 200 mins, 300 3-3 mins, unlited texts and 30GB data and has had a letter about the increase.

They really are bumping up the data tariffs at the moment. She doesn't need the minutes either but uses mainly data now. Of course no one comes close, she has been offered the 30GB data, 30GB tethering, 200 mins and unlimited texts for £20.
  • srisport
    robrymond wrote: »
    My wife was on a similar tariff of: 200 mins, 300 3-3 mins, unlited texts and 30GB data and has had a letter about the increase.

They really are bumping up the data tariffs at the moment. She doesn't need the minutes either but uses mainly data now. Of course no one comes close, she has been offered the 30GB data, 30GB tethering, 200 mins and unlimited texts for £20.

Was she not offered unlimited data, minutes and texts for £19?

That was the original offer from 3 for me but I declined it.

Regards.
  • I've found its really easy to haggle with 3. If there's a store near you it would be worth dropping in and having a chat (preferably with a manager). As long as you're nice to them they'll probably sort you out with a good deal.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is it the One Plan, the contract that you were on?
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Was she not offered unlimited data, minutes and texts for £19?

That was the original offer from 3 for me but I declined it.

Regards.

No she hasn't oddly. I called up about my price for £20, but they cannot budge. Nice Scottish women, said my tariff is now £27 on a rolling monthly so I'm saving £7. I said the increase from £12.90 to £27 in a space of a year is shocking and how I wished my wages went up that fast! She agreed...:rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Recently received a letter through the post from 3 advising me that the 12 month minimum term on my Sim only contract has now ended and they have provided me with some discounted deals on new contracts but of course the price has increased.

My current contract is:

Unlimited data, text and 200 mins for £15 per month

The deal they have offered is:

Unlimited data, minutes and i think text too for £19 per month

Now i know this new deal sounds good (£1 less if i bought off the high street) but i don't even use 200 mins and I'm a bit peeved off to have to pay £4 more than what i did for essentially the same thing.

Now all of a sudden my minimum 12 month contract is up, 2 years later may i add and I'm having to move contracts! Personally i think 3 are trying to pull the wool over my eyes and are getting sweet revenge over having to refund me £15

Anyone else been in a similar position?

Should i take it further or just except that 3 has won this battle?:rotfl:

Ive checked and no other phone provider can beat what 3 are offering.

Advice and tips welcome.

Regards.

Ive not long had the same letter regarding my contract. I had the same contract as you and they offered me the same as you so i dont think they have done it for revenge just because you complained.

The sticking point is i wanted to keep the unlimited data but wasnt prepared to spend more so ive downgraded my contract. I keep the minutes (i dont use many), texts i dont use many either because i use Whatsapp but i have gone for a cheaper contract with limited data.

Odd really cause they have shot themselves in the foot. My contract cost £15 a month before and is now £10 but ive seriously had to curb my internet usage outside the home and ive dumped loads of apps, keeping only the minimum on my phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure