JLR Application Process

SB9311
SB9311 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi All,

I recently applied for a Professional role at JLR and have succeeded through the initial application process. Although now my application states that the next stage is assessment, how long would I need to wait for a call back? I've spoken with the recruitment team and they confirmed I'm through to the next stage and should await a call from someone.

Just eager as you'd expect and would like to know how long I'd expect to wait for a call?

Thanks

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,623 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I see you've edited for spelling errors, but you missed "proffessional", should be "professional".
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Corrected.

Do you have an answer or are you just correcting grammar and spelling?

Thanks.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,623 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There is a huge thread on here about JLR, did you read it as it may be helpful.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • LittleMax
    LittleMax Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There is a huge thread on here about JLR, did you read it as it may be helpful.

To be fair the huge thread is about assessments for posts in assembly not professional.

I seem to recall my OH waited a couple of months for an assessment centre. He did online testing first, passed that and then had to wait for an assessment day, which consisted of more tests and interviews, one of which was with the appointing manager.

What have you applied for? I can ask him more about it tonight. It was a few years ago now.
  • It's a Lead Project Engineer role, the application stage changed to Assessment on the 27/02/17.
    I did ring the recruiter at JLR who initially put my application through to the next stage, he stated that it can take them a while to sort things out, due to finding rooms for interview and allowing time for the manager to be free.

However I was under the impression that I would need to complete some basic psychometric tests and then an Assessment day before hand.
  • tdl
    tdl Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi, for the details on a prof role, I have awaited more than 4 months, I work in JLR, normally all roles go internal aswell and process from start to finish is around 2 months. HR will pass your details to the manager in the area of the role and he/she will go from there. they wait for 6 in total they like then set a date for a assessment centre/interview. if you need tips let me know.
  • tdl wrote: »
    Hi, for the details on a prof role, I have awaited more than 4 months, I work in JLR, normally all roles go internal aswell and process from start to finish is around 2 months. HR will pass your details to the manager in the area of the role and he/she will go from there. they wait for 6 in total they like then set a date for a assessment centre/interview. if you need tips let me know.

So the JLR recruiter mentioned that is now up to the Manager to set a date for an Assessment/Interview. When you say 'they wait for 6' (6 what?)

Is there anyway of me being able to move the process along any quicker in my case? Plus what am I to expect during an Assessment day/ interview, are they associated with the role I
    have applied for?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport