Morrisons xmas opening times

Kind of in the title really!

I havent seen any sign of advertising posters around my local branch of Morrisons detailing the xmas opening hours like! Theres an Asda Sainsburys and Tesco fairly near and they're only closed one day over the xmas-new year period (25th Dec).

Comments

• Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ours is open 7am - 11pm this week when it is normally 8am - 10pm. Haven't seen any posters with the full opening hours over christmas, I doubt they will be open Boxing Day though they never normally are despite other supermarkets starting to.
  • my morrisons is the same only closed xmas day and new years day
    How people treat you is their Karma: how you react is yours

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    apologies if this is obvious - but why dont you just look up your stores details in the store locator page at Morrisons website ?

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder/
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    dlusman wrote: »
    apologies if this is obvious - but why dont you just look up your stores details in the store locator page at Morrisons website ?

I was just going to same thing,
  • poison1
    poison1 Posts: 67 Forumite
    my morrisons is the same only closed xmas day and new years day

Don't know which is your local Morrisons but it will be closed on Boxing Day as well.I work for them and as far as I'm aware there are none of them open.However,I'm led to believe that next year could be a very different story ;)

HTH
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dlusman wrote: »

The christmas opening hours hadn't been put up at the time this was posted.
  • poison1 wrote: »
    Don't know which is your local Morrisons but it will be closed on Boxing Day as well.I work for them and as far as I'm aware there are none of them open.However,I'm led to believe that next year could be a very different story ;)

HTH

I find this idea of more and more stores open on Boxing Day very sad, why can't we have 2 days of chilled out peace and quiet? and why can't the poor retail workers (I was one once) have a couple of days off after a very busy few weeks in the run up to Xmas?

surely everyone has more than enough food to last 2 days, and those that don't have the Petrol Stations, Convenience shops etc to serve them.

it's just sheer greed.
  • dlusman wrote: »

The xmas opening time hadn't been posted until this evening i'm guessing! At the time of your post the xmas opening hadnt been put up yet, hence me posting on here.
    poison1 wrote: »

HTH

Many thanks for this poison, my local-nearby 4 branches will be closed on 3 days over the xmas and new year period, the times are up on the site now thanks :) oooo Whats this about next year being a different story?
  • Digital09 wrote: »
    I find this idea of more and more stores open on Boxing Day very sad, why can't we have 2 days of chilled out peace and quiet?

I totally agree with the first part of your post, shops should close for at least two days, three this year!
    Digital09 wrote: »
    and why can't the poor retail workers (I was one once) have a couple of days off after a very busy few weeks in the run up to Xmas?

Some do, I normally work Saturdays and Sundays, and have Monday and Tuesday as my "weekend". So I will finish work two hours early on Saturday, have Sunday off then have my normal Monday and Tuesday off.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,468
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Digital09 wrote: »
    I find this idea of more and more stores open on Boxing Day very sad, why can't we have 2 days of chilled out peace and quiet? and why can't the poor retail workers (I was one once) have a couple of days off after a very busy few weeks in the run up to Xmas?

surely everyone has more than enough food to last 2 days, and those that don't have the Petrol Stations, Convenience shops etc to serve them.

it's just sheer greed.

I agree and the last place I want to be on Boxing Day is shopping, but we aren't all the same and Meadowhell, Lakeside etc will as usual be heaving on Boxing Day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure