Unknown transaction on my debit card

Hi all,

Don't know if you can help or not?

I've had a transaction for £3.99 go through on my debit card for the past few months listed as 'PM-FLI-DOM' - I've tried googling and cannot find who it is.

Barclays have now blocked any future payments and if I cannot find out who it is I will raise a chargeback but just didn't know if anyone had any idea what it is for?

Barclays have said its an Insurance company but cannot tell me any more how useless!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael

Comments

• Dont know if it helps but sometimes PM refers to a "Private Message" tha was sent to your mobile phone or pda maybe ?.

C
  • Mrs_Jojo
    Mrs_Jojo Posts: 169 Forumite
    Have you signed up for a new mobile phone recently? Sometimes you find you've agreed to pay insurance for them if you don't read the small print carefully... if you cancel the payment they will contact you and you can check you want whatever you are paying for!
    Aiming to be debt & mortgage free by November 2018!
  • I have just had the same charge on my credit card and it has puzzled me, however at the weekend I signed up to the additional content (videos, live match commentaries) on the Wolverhampton Wanderers official website. The charge of GBP 3.99 matches that, so unless I get another GBP 3.99 charge with a clearer description I will assume that it is for online football. Have you signed up for your club's website perhaps?
  • Thanks for the replies.

It wasn't actually my account, it was my friend's but she did mention something about QPR radio that she used to pay 3.99 for - I will let her know.

Thanks a million
  • uncovered
    uncovered Posts: 54 Forumite
    the fli will stand for football league interactive
  • Yes, think we've tracked it down to FL Interactive... even though my friend said she had cancelled her subscription. Will wait and see what the outcome of her call is.
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Yes it should be the FL interactive
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    This is a really annoying feature on bank statements these days (online or paper). The company that is being paid has their name shortened so that it unrecognisable, or is sometimes completely different to the name you know them by.

I know that we should all keep our card receipts and check them against our statements but most of us put through only a small number of transactions per week so that if we regularly check online, memory allows us to spot wrong'uns.

However, on holiday, we use our cards at different retailers than normal but still tend to lose the receipts. It's a nightmare sometimes - a hotel we used in Turkey was billed on the bank statement under the name of the proprietor - quite a shock to see a substantial sum, paid for the bar bill on the last day there, appear on the bank statement under a name we did not know and recorded as the day after we left. We were nervous for some time afterwards in case a second amount appeared under the hotel's name ....... Luckily, it didn't!
  • I couldn't work out what PM FLI DOM was either - until I googled my way to this thread. Yes it's Premium TV (or Perform as they now call themselves !) and it was for my annual subscription to Chesterfield FC's online player service. (no sniggering please)

I've asked them via their contact form to use a more meaningful comment on their transactions.
  • liuhut
    liuhut Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    I LOVE Mse, I just checked my CC and had a transaction for 39.99 from these people...sat trying to figure out what it is, realised that its OH fee for watching my footy team while we are in Oz, saves me a phone call to the bank so thanks guys
    L x
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
    MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from £63,500 to £48,000. now at 54,000...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure