PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everybody :wave: - got a busy day ahead tomorrow so need to post before going to bed this evening :).

bunnytoo - well done on getting so 'os-organised' - maybe you should start an on-line blog to record your progress :). I wish you lived closer to where I am, I could keep you supplied with all the ironing you need to fulfill your desires ;).
    Boodle - good to hear that you're feeling a little better today :grin:. awww at your Green Welly visit - can just imagine how you felt as there's no toilet facilities for m-i-l-e-s around Strathfillan/Rannoch. We go through there every year on holiday by Stagecoach bus and stop by the public toilets on the main road for a 'comfort stop' - always needed as it's an hour and a half from Glasgow and the whole busload is desperate by then :rolleyes:.
    ACEY - sorry to hear your trip to Wales was postponed today :( - hope your DS2 recovers from his travel sickness. ((((HUGS)))) for you and good luck with the wine bottling and looking after the animals :).
    SunnyGirl - lol at your wake-up panic this morning ;) - I've lost track of the number of times that I've got up on Sat/Sun and switched my Intercom System on to start work :o. Well done on your nsd :grin:.
    Caterina - :T on the jam making and hope you, and all the other os-ers, enjoy your Bristol Meet-up tomorrow.
    angeltreats - 'Mary Berry Cookbook' what a wonderful charity shop find :j and I can almost smell those fruits soaking :drool:.
    scotrae - ((((HUGS)))) on packing up your 'home office stuff' - but congratulations on getting your spare room back :grin:. My home office is 6ft x 7ft and not much use as a bedroom at all - but I would fill it with all my bookcases if the day ever came when 'they' get a proper office built for me ;). Well done on getting your clothes-spending/travel expenses money back - every little bit helps when finances become reduced.

Mine for today are:

1. Sadly I've had to cancel our planned trip to Bury Market next week due to lack of people interested :(. Had no intention of making up the shortfall like I did for the Blackpool Trip in the summer - it's too close to Christmas and I've got better things to spend £160 on :eek:!

2. Stripped the throws off the sofas today - got them washed and on the line to dry - looked good blowing in the wind.

3. DD has had quite a good day today - she was out with the kids at 8.30 for a good long walk and they were feeding ducks by 10.30 :grin:.

4. Made 2 Banana Loaves out of five 'manky' bananas. One for now and the other for the freezer :).

5. Visited one of my tenants this afternoon because he was 'shouting the odds' about his Water Bill. Checked the bill and rang the water supplier to double check the figures - his payments had been REDUCED but he was complaining about them messing him around :rotfl: - some days I wish I hadn't bothered getting out of bed :rolleyes:.

6. Brought the throws in as it went dark and put them both over the landing bannister to finish off drying as they were still a bit damp. The sofas look so much better without them, but daren't leave them like that with dgk's around :eek:.

7. DD is having a 'tenancy visit' from her Letting Agents next week and she's asked me to visit tomorrow to help her have a good clean up while the dgk's are visiting their 'other grandad' with their dad. (Other grandad hasn't seen dgd2 since she was a month old and she's 2 now!!!) Will be going armed with Soda Crystals, bicarb, white vinegar and Stardrops :grin:.

8. Phonecall from DS2 to ask me to baby-sit tomorrow evening - so I'm getting Billy-blue-eyes and Dylan the Villain around 7.00pm IF I've still got my eyes open that is ;).

9. If anybody asks me what I'm doing Sunday, I'm emigrating :rolleyes:!!!!!

Hope we all have a good weekend and get to enjoy the company of our loved ones - love Ollie xxx

ps - has anybody spotted Reverbe around recently - haven't noticed her on here for a few days :confused:.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 October 2009 at 1:16AM
    Options
    Boodle - I'm so glad you are feeding a smiley little one and getting to sleep through the night too - best of all possible worlds :D

My five pleasures for today:

1. Watching my sons' sport's coaching sessions (in between me trying to write). I think their coach is still one of the loveliest teachers I have seen in action. It's a delight to watch his lessons.

2. Buying a sweet card with a photo of baby pandas on it for my 5yo neices birthday. Had a leisurely browse in the shop and managed to leave having only got the card, despite the fact it was a very tempting bookshop.:rolleyes:

3. Beautiful view of the river as we crossed it late afternoon.

4. Grey and cream sock wool from Lidls - I'm going to have a go at some slouchy fair-isle or stripey socks as soon as I can find where on earth I put the sock patterns in the move!:rolleyes:

5. Being able to say yes to my sister's request for babysitting next week because it fits perfectly with other plans we have in town that evening. It's felt as if I've had to say no to her a lot over the last few months so a yes feels good.

Sleep well. Special wave to Ollie since you haven't gone to bed quite yet! :wave:
    B xxx
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    Hi Ollie,Reverbe has been on another thread and is feeling very down, so I sent her a hug, but I'm sure you can never have too many

1) Spending the day at the allotment. Managed to rescue the remaining cabbages from the slugs and dig that bit over. Then nearly managed to dig out the last of the potatoes. But not quite. I ran out of light!
    2) Meanwhile, DH put a new door on the allotment. We found out that the last one blew into the path when it was windy and three of the old-timers were just about to see if they could put it back for me when someone drove down the path (I'm not even sure you should) in a 4x4 and ran it over, without stopping. In a way, it was funny. On the other hand, it just shows the difference between our lovely old-timers and some other people.
    3) A dozen eggs in exchange for some egg boxes. I would have settled for two or three
    4) Managed to make a sausage casserole stretch for guests, served with our veggies, and used three soft bananas for a cake afterwards. Phew!
    5) Watching Madagascar. My sides were aching.
  • bunny_too
    bunny_too Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, my 5 for today are

1. Quick tidy up of flat.

2. Trying new bread recipe, still not happy with any of the recipes i have tried.
    Fingers crossed really what to use hm rolls for sons pack lunches.

3. Visit to local garden centre with friend, they have a great coffee shop.
    Little bit of research into my planned herb growing.:money:

4. Heating not on, it still is very mild in N.I, long may it be so.I think it's been on abot 3 hours in total this month. House sitting at 18.

5. Son returning from his travels on Sunday.Nice roast lamb all the trimmings planned for dinner. House was empty without him. He'll be off to uni next year so i'll have to get used to it.:j

I just love mse. Posted a thread yesterday on the travel board, about wanting a taxi for son in london. Within minutes had a pm from a lovely lady, her hubby is a taxi driver,taxi now sorted. I feel that son is going to be in very safe hands.:A

Olliebeak thanks for all your kind words, i look forward to seeing if my name is in your post.Your post really makes my day. I would love to have the gift to chat like you do.x
    Reverbe please come back, you are missed. I don't feel like posting some days but after i force myself i always feel better.
  • samanthaneww2d
    Options
    My 5 for today are/will be
    1. Sun is out so get the washer on ( done) and peg it out ( still to do)

2. Trying to give the garden a quick tidy later whilst the weathers ok.

3. Had a nice cup of fresh cofee sat all by myself this morning it was so peaceful loved it

4. Heating not on,( boiler still not fixed after two weeks and various people arriving with yet another part that doesn't remedy the problem ) and its not arctic

5. Enjoying some time with my family this evening we don't celebrate halloween but are going out to an alternative and it will be nice to be all together just appreciating one another
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning! I have been trapped indoors this week so there have not been as many pleasures as I would have hoped! However today I am going to:

* Have a long relaxing bath
    * Taking a small budget xmas shopping - bargains here I come!
    * Getting the house scrubbed and cleaned
    * Ironing the clothes for the week so I have an extra 10mins in bed each day
    * Making some HM xmas pressies sweetie jars and sock monkeys!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Olliebeak wrote: »
    1. Sadly I've had to cancel our planned trip to Bury Market next week due to lack of people interested :(.

What a shame it's my town is Bury :D You could have come & had a cup of tea!
  • Louba
    Louba Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, the thanks button isn't working for me again so thanks to all!

It's only 12 and already I've had a lovely morning :) Woke up with a really sore head so had a nice long lie. OH got up and was sorting stuff then produced:

1 - breakfast in bed - full cooked breasfast at that!
    2 - tea in bed
    3 - ..........oh can't list that one!
    4 - then ran me a bath
    5 - and filled the bathroom with candles
    6 - to top that he's fixing the window ledge in the kitchen while I catch up with you lovely people :)

Bliss, what a star

Lx
    Mortgage as at March 2010 £225,000 target for December 2012 £170,000. Blog link http://beautifulorpractical.blogspot.com/2010/07/oh-this-is-all-new.html :j
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another day, another few things to be grateful for:

Thursday's were:
    1) Hearing that a friend is getting excited about cooking and whatnot - nice :)
    2) Making a dish I'd never tried before and it turning out lovely - one to do again
    3) My DH
    4) There being a nice atmosphere at work in preparation for a fundraiser the following day
    5) Can't really remember another one, but I'm sure there were more than that.

Friday's were:
    1) Winning runner-up position in the Fancy Dress competition for Halloween at work (proceeds are going to Children in Need). I won some cute Halloween lollies
    2) Winning a little gift set in a balloon-pop
    3) A friend buying me a slice of cake
    4) Some good films on the tv
    5) More cake, in the form of doughnuts for a colleague's birthday

(yes, I did eat too much cake yesterday. Stressed is desserts backwards ;) )

I'll post today's when they've happened ;)

Kitchenbunny xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Olliebeak - sorry to hear about your kitty being PTS. That must have broke your heart. How long did you have her? My wee rascal is 16 , had her 8 years. She has surprised the vet and me by still being here

Scotrae - good luck for the impending redundancy, being made redundant myself at the end of December . Good luck . xx

Couple of days worth probably

1) Making home made bread to take to a friend later

2) Getting the ok to provide most of the dinner for my birthday dinner. Last year four of us went out for dinner and it costs so much I am really uncomfortable with it. So have talked mother into me making pie and carrot cake, so she only needs to buy crisps and dip, ice cream, potatoes and veg. So I am happy to be contributing towards saving money as im sure i will get spoilt rotten present wise

3) Not being able to find kitty anywhere - only to eventually hear her call me - she was sleeping in a big Primark paper bag in the spare room. She does make me giggle :rotfl:

4) Making mini pizzas last night from "nothing". Normal HM white bread topped with baked bean juice, chorizo, fresh basil and two cheeses and chilli flakes. Yum yum bubble gum . Very filling too

5) Planning a trip to the butchers.:j Have a meat budget of about twenty pound , so it's exciting as I can try something new too. Most of it goes in the freezer . Is it sad i find a trip to the butchers exciting? They are so nice and always give me something free :o

6) Someone stealing my pumpkin from my front garden. I am angry, but I guess they must have really wanted it and maybe they can't afford one so am hpoing it is in a good home (and that some little sh*t hasn't thrown it all over the road) :D

7) a wedge of warm bread and butter melting drooling-2.gif

8) writing this post has made me feel pretty good actually :D:T
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business