PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Did a huge shop with Sainsbury as BF is working again, which means we will have a crazy 6 weeks whilst he works. I bought a few ready meals for the freezer (shepherds pie, cumberland pie) as he's going to working odd hours in a couple weeks. Also, really stocked up on pasta, juice, squash and tins. We have enough for over a month. Plus, we've all our meat and fish for the next 5 weeks as well. The mammoth shop came to £122.27 which is quite possibly the most I have ever spent on food in one go!

I'm off out in a little to go to the Turkish supermarket to stock up on salad and pitta bread, plus I may accidentally fall into the old fashioned sweet shop that has opened up next to it!

Will be back to update later.
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 July 2009 at 12:27PM
    It's now a small button in the same place, little blue box with a down arrow, if you hover over it, it will say "View first unread"

:)

I don't think we're getting that on the User CP page, but it would be useful.

EDIT: Found it.
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    just back from Mr T spent £41.46 could have probably spent less but I didnt meal plan before I went :naughty: and I really should have.

still need to go to costco for butter and bits and bobs
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ooh, I never did get the shopping in MR T's or Mr A's, ended up getting a quick shop in my local Co-op! Oops £16 later!!!
    Still did get some good deals though.
    Managed to spend £13.41 in Boots (all meds etc come under grocery budget) had to get stuff for hubbys bad sunburn (on a 3 for 2 offer) and a preg test (got 4 first responce ones for £10!) so I did save £11.95... not bad I thought
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • huxley
    huxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    Hi Mrs M. found that recipe will definetly be giving it a go over the weekend thank you:D
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spent €61.23 to-day as my first spend of July....also bought meat in our local butchers but OH paid for it....would I complain!

So €228.77 left for July...works out at €8.17 per day....but I have 8 visitors for several days the week after next which will tighten things up a bit.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Hi everyone. I just wanted to post to say thanks to everyone. I've only been around a couple of weeks and I joined the July grocery challenge. By following everyones tips and advice I've managed to get my grocery shop last week down to £65 and this week down to £53!! That's compared to between £80 and £100 before. Don't worry, I'm going to keep going, I just wanted to say thanks really :rotfl:

x

Edited to say - and we dont feel like we're missing out, not even OH and he's well fussy!!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi WillpowerFree,

Well done! :T I've added your post to the Grocery Challenge thread so the posters there can see what you've achieved.

Pink
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello all,
    Not been on this thread for a bit, hope all are well.
    We are doing ok, 11 days until new GC money, fairly well stocked and still some cash left :).
    My only concern....is it just me or is anyone else consuming strawberries at a phenomenal rate seeing its Wimbledon ? (Come on Andy Murray.........).
    xx OS
    PS Welcome all newbies, we are a friendly (if a bit crazy sometimes!) bunch.
    x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi All

Been MIA for a while, but raring to go again!
    MrsM - please will you put me down for £400 for July & we'll see how far I get this time! Thank you.
    Will update sig later today - June was worse than I was dreading, but I did go away for a weekend & got in stuff for DH & DS2, so could have been worse!
    TTFN
    A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts