Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,561 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hope this isn't too late - whole fresh ducks had shelf-edge price of £2.03 per kilo, while pack price showed £2.71(1.8-2.5k I think). Bought all five earlier today and Tesco paid me over £33 to take them away. Have been able to pass some on to another tiny budget survivor. Get quacking!!!!! and good luck.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• m_will
    m_will Posts: 326 Forumite
    Tesco's don't seem to be taking much notice of these refunds for shelf price vs on-product price. I picked up my a Corn Fed Chicken for free last week and another one today. Maybe I'll get another with next weeks shop too!
  • Edam quarters (I know but my son loves it) 1.69 0n shelf 1.79 on pack. Picked up only two (I really dont like it)
    Refunded cheerily by Jackie @ Aldershot
    Most of the other cheese seems to be about 1p less than shelf price, perhaps they are getting themselves sorted!!!!
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • Well after I posted that I'd spotted mispriced turkey steaks in Tescos Stroud Green Road yesterday, I went to get some tonight and found they'd sold out! Hope it was all you canny London MSE'ers out there, I really don't mind if it was you! Just hope it wasn't somebody buying in turkey for a BBQ and getting charged full price without knowing the policy!

However, I did find the corn fed chickens that a lot of people have spotted, shelf has a big label saying reduced to £2.49/kg but pack price is £2.99/kg. Picked the biggest one they had and got a refund from CS with no argument at all.

Shame I don't have a car and can only really carry one chicken at a time on top of the rest of my shopping!
  • savingsgirl
    savingsgirl Posts: 8,227 Forumite
    I got £8 worth of organic sirloin steak free as it was wrongly marked up on the shelf!
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • Any time I have ever been overcharged in any Tesco store, I have just been refunded the difference. Is this policy of refund and keeping the product supposed to be nationwide?
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    hunnybugs1 wrote:
    Any time I have ever been overcharged in any Tesco store, I have just been refunded the difference. Is this policy of refund and keeping the product supposed to be nationwide?

Yes!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • You've been short-changed. This is company policy!
  • svkhtn
    svkhtn Posts: 157 Forumite
    I got the beef steak + oak smoked salmon yesterday.
    Today, got the organic steak.

Thanks a lot !!!
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    hunnybugs1 wrote:
    Any time I have ever been overcharged in any Tesco store, I have just been refunded the difference. Is this policy of refund and keeping the product supposed to be nationwide?

Absolutely although many staff members will try and fob you off with any excuse that comes to mind, check the customer service desk at your local store you will see a large blue board around 4' high look to the bottom for paragraph headed "And if things don't add up!" the policy is displayed for all to see INCLUDING staff!
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport