Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 October 2016 at 12:25PM
    Options
    I thought of one (although you can't beat A S S)

#STOF

or, Same Tales On Facebook. There's a few of them who keep putting the exact same things on. Pity I'm a bit late lol.
    Be Lucky

EDIT - btw, someone asked earlier in the thread something along the lines of do any of the 'whoop, Fantastic' etc, etc cobblers ever win. Well, I've just seen one win. Everybody else did what was asked, even the winner TBF, but then they put 'fantastic site', and some other stuff. That must have clinched it.
    Be Lucky (again) :D
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    @ A S S Another sob story!!!! Yeah! :D
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Options
    #GAG - get a grip
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • dontone
    Options
    I've thought of one for the Sour Grapes Brigade who complain during the Advents that people who don't regulary comp win more than they do (last years complaining on FB was quite funny and quite cheeky)

#POTOWANT -

People Outraged That Others Win And Not Them

Be Lucky :D
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Options
    Nearly eveyone on this thread wants the prize in memory of someone who is dead :(

- I would love this in memory of my Niece who passed away 14 years ago at birth and this is her birthstone and would love to give this as a special gift for my sister.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

- I would love to give this to my sister for her birthday in memory of our brother we just lost. They both were born in NOVEMBER.

- My grandma just passed in April of this year and this is her birthstone. I would be so very honored to wear this in rememberance of her.

- I love this. I have several family member who were born in November this would be a great memory to have in honor of them. Thank you for the chance.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Short-n-Sweet
    Options
    You can win some Crisps - They simply ask "What is your Favourite Flavour!"

I don't mean to be insensitive but...

" I discovered Seabrooks prawn cocktail when I was in hospital getting chemo and a stem cell transplant and loved them. They were one of the few things I could eat along with ginger biscuits, cheese and crackers and Starburst chews! Five years on, in remission from leukaemia, and it's now a standard family joke. 'Mother's Diet'. I lost 30 kilos but I still love Seabrooks prawn cocktail crisps.

Thank you Seabrooks! You are my heroes!"

Is it really necessary to post such things!
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
  • Emily93
    Emily93 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen some real sobbers on the Facebook comps lately. Really ridiculous, far-fetched stories, too. I used to find it funny and read them out to whoever was in the room at the time but now it's just getting rude.
  • dontone
    Options
    You can win some Crisps - They simply ask "What is your Favourite Flavour!"

I don't mean to be insensitive but...

" I discovered Seabrooks prawn cocktail when I was in hospital getting chemo and a stem cell transplant and loved them. They were one of the few things I could eat along with ginger biscuits, cheese and crackers and Starburst chews! Five years on, in remission from leukaemia, and it's now a standard family joke. 'Mother's Diet'. I lost 30 kilos but I still love Seabrooks prawn cocktail crisps.

Thank you Seabrooks! You are my heroes!"

Is it really necessary to post such things!

I saw that one - oh dear - and also someone reckons that giving a box of crisps away is 'an amazing thing to do'. I think I've disqualified myself 'cos I said I didn't have an interesting story, but do they still do the Pickled Onion flavour. D*mn my impertinence :rotfl:
    Not seen the 50th Lady yet. She's now changed it to something that goes along the lines of 'liked, shared, loved and dreamed' or words to that effect.

• Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finding it increasingly hard to not reply to some people.

To win a food hamper: "Fantastic giveaway I could do with all this as I can't afford to go to shops at the moment I use food banks please please please please please please please please please please please please let me win it would mean so much to me liked and shared thanks for the chance to win xxxx"

But they can afford internet?

Another comp asked when would be the worst time for your wi-fi to fail, to win a £250 clothes voucher: "Not looking forward to this Xmas, the reason is simple. My daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia on Xmas eve, died 2 weeks after her 2nd birthday in February so this is the 1st year without her. So yeah happy holidays everyone, guess we'll get by."

Tragic but what the hell has the answer got to do with the comp?
  • dontone
    Options
    If anybody is thinking about entering the X Box comp to win a console, there is a cracking sob story on the comments.
    Someone has had to donate a kidney to their poorly hamster. All together now...... aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww Bless :rotfl::rotfl:
    Made me chuckle anyway :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport