I want to stop drowning

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've managed to do 10000 steps everyday in the last week apart from one. My diet was going well until my naughty day and then it's gone down hill!

My business is awful and in time I will close it down. I feel like I have been spending a lot lately and popping in to the shops everyday. Next week should hopefully be a less expensive week.
  • Well done on the steps Hun, that's great!

I'm totally with you on the spending, I'm also aiming for a better week next week.
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You're doing well with the steps. I often plan nsds and end up spending a few pounds here and there. I really need to stop it!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • debtaghh
    Feeling a bit more positive today. I am back on my diet and will do at least 10000 steps today! I after a long time attempted swimming to find out I couldn't use it! I even weighed my cereal to realise what I thought was 40g was actually double that! But I am going to shift this weight! On the money front I'm going to watch the pennies a lot more and am going to focus more time on job hunting. Until I get more work it's going to be very hard to clear more debt. I still am sticking to my aim of clearing the capital one this year... £1350 left to go.
  • MrsSave
    It's good you're feeling more positive today. I weigh my cereal every now and again and am amazed at how little I have compared to when I don't weigh it!!
  • debtaghh
    Have had a busy couple of days.

Diet is going ok but steps are doing great, have done over 12000 today and did over 10000 yesterday.

Have made a few sales and really need to sort my cv out but just feel so busy. I would ideally like to work from home but easier said than done! I haven't made any more payments but ' payday ' is approaching so will then be able to make some more payments.
  • MrsSave
    You're doing really well with your steps! Well done.
  • I cant believe how you consistently manage that amount of steps! I've tried more than once and I usually get stuck at around 8/9k!

IF you want to stay working from home, can you add to your self employment umbrella, so take on something else? Have you looked at mystery shopping etc?
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• debtaghh
    bellevie wrote: »
    I cant believe how you consistently manage that amount of steps! I've tried more than once and I usually get stuck at around 8/9k!

IF you want to stay working from home, can you add to your self employment umbrella, so take on something else? Have you looked at mystery shopping etc?

It's a struggle at times, especially in this heat. I did a walk yesterday with 32 degrees!

I do mystery shopping but there doesn't seem to be much around.
  • debtaghh
    Well on the money front I was feeling frustrated as my husband's salary was only his basic which wouldn't have covered everything. But I was then given a lovely surprise and was given £500 by a family member! Which covers the difference in salary and more!

I have finally sorted my cv out!

I have been doing a minimum of 10000 steps ( I did nearly 20000 yesterday).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback