Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• angelof1983
    angelof1983 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love this... so popping "my pet newt has shingles" in the bank for the next facebook competition I see. I can't abide the things. I'll do twitter comps and other comps but avoid the competitions unless its brands that I already follow (like stylecraft yarn etc)
  • It's the father's day ones that have put me off entering. 'Tell us how your dad deserves to win'.............. I won't compete with the sob stories.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,160 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    It's the father's day ones that have put me off entering. 'Tell us how your dad deserves to win'.............. I won't compete with the sob stories.

And it's hard on us orphans.
    Although tbh if it's a prize I really want I just use im indoors, he's a brilliant Dad of six!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • It's the father's day ones that have put me off entering. 'Tell us how your dad deserves to win'.............. I won't compete with the sob stories.

Snap. My dad deserves nothing, I want to win it for myself. Don't think that would go down too well, especially as I have my dad on fb lol
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I often put something on the lines of "My Dad died 20 years ago. #WhateverHashtag Does this mean I am excluded from your competition?". (Only if it is a random draw)
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    On the Yours clothing comp - rude but funny:

Eeeeks what a super treat for this shattered mummy ���� of 7 children ��������would be so thrilled to be a winner �������� fingers tightly crossed
    Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs

Reply - Think there's an entire thread somewhere about you saying you have 7 children in every competition posted online. If it is so tiring try closing your legs for once and get some sleep. You're not too shattered to enter hundreds of facebook comps every day.

The person who replied got slated, of course, but it did make me laugh.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Misslayed wrote: »
    And it's hard on us orphans.
    Although tbh if it's a prize I really want I just use im indoors, he's a brilliant Dad of six!

If he could have another, you could compete with the "mother of seven" :eek:

She is totally doing my head in with her blue face mask and rollers :mad:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    hdh74 wrote: »

Eeeeks what a super treat for this shattered mummy ���� of 7 children ��������would be so thrilled to be a winner �������� fingers tightly crossed

Reply - Think there's an entire thread somewhere about you saying you have 7 children in every competition posted online. If it is so tiring try closing your legs for once and get some sleep. You're not too shattered to enter hundreds of facebook comps every day.

We need a link for that one :rotfl::T:rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    hdh74 wrote: »

That's brilliant. Give the person who gave that response a goldfish :rotfl::rotfl: :T:T
    I agree with Mansey. We need a link to that :rotfl:
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It's the father's day ones that have put me off entering. 'Tell us how your dad deserves to win'.............. I won't compete with the sob stories.

I avoid them too, as well as the Mother's Day ones. You really can't compete with some of them, and some of them border on bad taste.
    You can't get away from them I'm afraid. Even the ones this year that request that you do i.e #fathersday usually have some heartbreaking tale attached. A lot of folk can't do what is being asked and leave it at that.
    BTW, how long is it till the advents? Father's Day is the last bit of big sob story practice till December the 1st. (I know some people practice throughout the year)
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport