Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Acer21tree
    • By Acer21tree 15th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Acer21tree
    0 WOW
    Tesco clubcard rewards change today
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    0 WOW
    Tesco clubcard rewards change today 15th Jan 18 at 2:51 PM
    We often use clubcard boost to eat out or do activities. Iíve received an email today saying that from today vouchers will be worth 3 times the value through boost and not 4 times as it has been in the past. I donít recall any previous notification saying changes were due. Can Tesco do this with no notice does anyone know? Thanks
Page 1
    • Wassa123
    • By Wassa123 15th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Wassa123
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    I!!!8217;m disappointed with it too. I only ever used the 4x deals.

I!!!8217;ll wait for MSE to update their best rewards credit card list to see if it!!!8217;s worth swapping to another provider.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 17,899 Posts
    • 12,188 Thanks
    molerat
    • 15th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    The general "Days Out" vouchers are still 4X but the specific venue ones are now 3X.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 15th Jan 18, 6:46 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    gillybean129
    • 15th Jan 18, 6:46 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 6:46 PM
    Absolutely disgusting Tesco, no forewarning, if we had known we could have stocked up on vouchers but you just dropped everything by 25%. Looks like I may have to find another credit card now as this clearly isn't worth what it used to be, and the points are much harder to gain so all in all just rubbish.
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 15th Jan 18, 7:02 PM
    • 9,639 Posts
    • 7,040 Thanks
    Crabman
    • 15th Jan 18, 7:02 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 7:02 PM
    Are people going to just accept it or will there be a challenge from consumer bodies?

It is not lawful to devalue the value of existing vouchers. They are free to reduce the value of future points which convert to vouchers but not existing ones.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• silvercar
    • By silvercar 15th Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 36,657 Posts
    • 154,700 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:17 PM
    Are people going to just accept it or will there be a challenge from consumer bodies?

It is not lawful to devalue the value of existing vouchers. They are free to reduce the value of future points which convert to vouchers but not existing ones.
    Originally posted by Crabman
    I'm assuming new vouchers issued will be at the new poorer rate. You seem to be suggesting that anyone already holding vouchers will have them reduced.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 15th Jan 18, 11:46 PM
    • 11,094 Posts
    • 23,188 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:46 PM
    • 15th Jan 18, 11:46 PM
    I'm assuming new vouchers issued will be at the new poorer rate. You seem to be suggesting that anyone already holding vouchers will have them reduced.
    Originally posted by silvercar

The point crabman was making that it was unfair to reduce the value of vouchers already earned and issued by having to use more of them to get your reward tokens. Not tokens already issued as it will make no difference to those.

This is the email I received from Tesco

We want to let you know about a change we!!!8217;re making to the value of the Clubcard vouchers you use with our Reward Partners.

Previously your vouchers were worth 2 times their value with some of our Reward Partners !!!8211; and others were worth 4 times.

We!!!8217;ve decided to make things easier. From today, you!!!8217;ll get 3 times the value of your vouchers across the majority of our Reward Partners at tesco.com/clubcard/boost.

This won!!!8217;t affect any orders you may have already placed with our Reward Partners that are worth 4 times the value.

If you have any questions, please take a look at our FAQs.

Thank you for shopping at Tesco.
    Last edited by POPPYOSCAR; 15-01-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 16th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 4,932 Posts
    • 21,803 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 16th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 16th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    I didn't receive an email from them. We usually use ours for Pizza Express. Currently sitting on £99 worth, so that's £99 less.
    • amayeta
    • By amayeta 17th Jan 18, 6:39 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    amayeta
    • 17th Jan 18, 6:39 AM
    • 17th Jan 18, 6:39 AM
    Like other's I never received any notice and I tried to exchange somr vouchers before the 16th and wasn't able to so I sent to query this.
    Still no response.
    I save my vouchers for days out and restaurants with kids as I'm on a low income.
    What a load of rubbish Tesco is saying "Making things simpler by reducing exchange value from 4 to 3 times have value" customers are not stupid.
    It's simply cheaper for them.
    So I'm def not happy.
    Last edited by amayeta; 17-01-2018 at 6:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 17,899 Posts
    • 12,188 Thanks
    molerat

Originally posted by Crabman
    The point crabman was making that it was unfair to reduce the value of vouchers already earned and issued by having to use more of them to get your reward tokens. Not tokens already issued as it will make no difference to those.
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    Nothing already held has been devalued or reduced. Your £5 venue specific voucher is still worth £5. A £5 Tesco clubcard voucher is still worth £5. 500 points will still convert to a £5 Tesco voucher. It is just that £5 Tesco voucher will buy less now, just like everything else out there in the real world.
    Last edited by molerat; 17-01-2018 at 1:10 PM.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th Jan 18, 1:12 PM
    • 17,899 Posts
    • 12,188 Thanks
    molerat
    Temporarily caved to bad press
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2018/01/clubcard-tesco
    • sd99
    • By sd99 17th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    sd99
    Delivery Saver Boost
    Well if you click on https://www.tesco.com/deliverysaver, sign in, your plan, and renew, it says:

Clubcard Boost or coupon -> What's this?
    "Applying a Clubcard boost or coupon
    You can double the value of your Clubcard vouchers on Delivery Saver, Itís the easiest way to save on your renewal. Find out more on the Clubcard website.
    Coupons are applied to your plan when it renews, so if your planning to change the plan you renew on to, do that first before applying any coupons."

So I renewed as suggested I do first, then clicked on "Find out more on the Clubcard website", only for this boost to not exist. I emailed customer support and they confirmed it. Rubbish. Talk about misleading people into renewing!!
    • LABMAN
    • By LABMAN 17th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 776 Posts
    • 1,280 Thanks
    LABMAN
    Changes have now been delayed until June.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42715143
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 17th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 9,639 Posts
    • 7,040 Thanks
    Crabman
    Changes have now been delayed until June.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42715143
    Originally posted by LABMAN
    Which was probably their intended course of action all along. But now they look like such a kind, considerate company.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• Neil49
    • By Neil49 17th Jan 18, 9:59 PM
    • 1,232 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    Neil49
    Railcards are still only available at £15 of vouchers for a £30 card which is all I am interested in at the moment, so no change there which is disappointing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

393Posts Today

4,865Users online

Martin's Twitter