Stash Busting 2016 - I WILL use my mountains of craftstash before buying more!

Comments

• Wow everyone has been really busy and seem to be making great inroads into their stash. I seem to have lost my crafting mojo of late but had a little play this after noon making some mini bunting out of an old book page and putting it on to an old jam jar filled with twinkle lights, only a little thing but it felt quite good to be making something again.

I put some pics up on my blog http://snadralovesblogging.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/friday-crafternoon.html
  • winspiration
    winspiration Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Welcome Rosa :) Well done everyone on all your makes, your bunting jars are very pretty clickerty-click.

Still nothing more to report here as yet, have been busy with work and sorting stuff.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Love your stash unbusting, nimbo.

Looking forward to seeing your cards, rosa. I need to steal ideas.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Added one to my completed makes today - it's a pavlova so not stashed long term - but I still consider baking a craft.

It will be two teir - it's not constructed yet - but will have fruit on it and be incredible. I've decided. Haha

84 / 500.

I will be using some of my New Jersey later this weekend infinity scarfs get it up. Haha

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A very warm (f a bit late) welcome from me Rosa :) It's great to have you on board with this challenge :) Happy stash busting :)

Wow everyone has been so bust and putting me to shame :(

I am declaring a further 15 makes though. I have quickly made 8 foam bunny rabbit toppers for some Easter pencils I have had sitting in my craft room ages. They are not my greatest work but I thought they would be a good impulse buy at the two craft fairs I have coming up soon :) The pencils were on an easter theme so limited as to how and when I can use them (which is probably why they have sat in my stash for so long!) :)

I've also made 7 owl treat boxes as another impulse buy for the craft fairs (gotta love pinterest) :).

I'm hoping the kids will have a day of craft with me tomorrow as it is Mummy's day :)

Ooh and nearly forgot I have also sold over 150 sheets of toppers, backing papers and uncut decoupage sheets on facebook clearing a small gap in my conservatory (as they were my overflow supplies) and netting me £35 in the process. Wont cound these towards my total yet though as hoping to actually make my target with my makes if you get me (however if I get desperate towards the end of the year then they may just sneak in) :)

JHappy stash busting everyone and keep up your fantastic work :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi All

Apologies for going AWOL yet again, my brother was diagnosed with lung cancer in November and sadly passed away Feb 20th aged 58 - so it's been a heartbreaking time and now we 've done all that we can (funeral etc) we now have to try to move on.

There have been some fantastic makes, you should all be immensely proud of yourselves. I've not really had the heart to craft but a friend asked me to do a couple of gifts for Mothers Day and while I'd got the stuff out I did a house-warming gift and a couple of trees for the Spring Fayre at mum's sheltered accommodation.

https://www.facebook.com/christine.lockley.3/posts/10208489770938845?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/christine.lockley.3/posts/10208465946863258?pnref=story

Keep on crafting you amazing people!!!

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ziggy, I am so sad for your loss.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lovely to see you back ziggy. You are among many friends on this thread :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ziggy very sorry about your loss.
    Only one make to add to my total bringing me to 50/200. A cover for my dogs bed, it was a patchwork block 32in x 32in i had started 4 years ago that i was going to use for something else. Just the right size a dog bed cover.
    Slow progress now as most of my future items are going to be more time consuming, with the odd small quicker ones thrown in.
    Halfway through making up my yellow dress.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Ziggy so sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure