IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine

I have received a parking fine from Athena after parking in Lidl for shopping. In their notice they make reference to a previous letter which I never received and they also say that I have not appealed within their 28 days period and as such have to pay it in full £90.00. A bit upset as that day I did a large shop and had two infant children with me which did not help time wise. Please can someone help by advising what to do. At the moment I am a bit short of cash also and £90. would go long way for me.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 October 2016 at 12:56PM
    It's not a fine, it is a speculative unenforceable invoice.

What happened when you complained to the store manager?

Appeal to Athena stating that this is the first you have heard from them and therefore you consider this to be the notice to keeper.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send Athena the IPC template letter you will find there. Copy and paste and send. Do not amend.

Do not 'phone anyone. Complain to the store manager if you haven't already showing your receipt or bank statement to prove you were a genuine shopper., and write to the CEO if that doesn't work.
    Point out that you will become an ex customer if this isn't resolved. Do not reveal who was driving under any circumstances. No, me, myself, or I. No, "I parked."
    The driver did this, or the driver didn't do that.
    You may have been an occupant of the car so that's how you refer to yourself, as well as the keeper on the day in question even if you are not the registered keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    chashht wrote: »
    I have received a parking fine from Athena after parking in Lidl for shopping. In their notice they make reference to a previous letter which I never received and they also say that I have not appealed within their 28 days period and as such have to pay it in full £90.00. A bit upset as that day I did a large shop and had two infant children with me which did not help time wise. Please can someone help by advising what to do. At the moment I am a bit short of cash also and £90. would go long way for me.

Do not PUT up with this Athena rubbish.

First stop is the manager of the Lidl store showing receipts and demanding to know why Lidl are attempting to scam more money from you. Demand the ticket is cancelled and you require confirmation in writing.
    If that fails go straight to the Managing Director, Christian Hartnagel

christian.haertnagel@lidl.co.uk

It has been said on here recently that in reality Lidl pocket these parking tickets and pay a commission to Athena. ??

Makes Lidl the most expensive cheapo supermarket around.

Don't accept any rubbish from Lidl, demand the scam is cancelled.

The local press loves ...
    " I did a big shop"
    " I had two young children with me"
    " I queued for ages at checkout due to lack of staff"
    " Then LIDL said thank you to me for spending money and scammed me for £90 ???

You will get it cancelled. Only make contact with Lidl, not Athena
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2016 at 5:07PM
    chashht wrote: »
    I have received a parking fine from Athena after parking in Lidl for shopping.

In their notice they make reference to a previous letter which I never received and they also say that I have not appealed within their 28 days period and as such have to pay it in full £90.00.

A bit upset as that day I did a large shop and had two infant children with me which did not help time wise. Please can someone help by advising what to do. At the moment I am a bit short of cash also and £90. would go long way for me.
    What happened when you (of course) complained to Lidl then? As anyone would... :)

Every Lidl case here shows that a complaint to the CEO/Head Office with a copy of the receipt gets the charge cancelled. Dont be too grateful when they do. This is Lidl's own fault for allowing this 'protection racket' in their car parks to rip off their own worried customers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    and after you get this thrown out please take some time to support this campaign

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=10

thanks

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills