IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Council Taxpayers Subsidise Private Parking

As reported by the Prankster, London Councils and the BPA have now agreed via mediation to settle the long-running dispute over the final invoice for providing POPLA services, and a figure of £25,000 has been agreed out of court, instead of the £69,000 allegedly outstanding.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/popla-dispute-resolved.html

The LC took the view that the likely substantial legal fees, and the perils of litigation, were not worth the risk, and so have written off £44,000 of the debt (any court case would have been outside the scope of the small claims track).

This means that Council Tax payers living in the 32 London Boroughs have effectively subsidised a private company, to the tune of just under £1,500 per Council.

Will those responsible for this fiasco be held to account?

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport