Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shoedog
    • By Shoedog 13th Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Shoedog
    Finding Account numbers for PPI
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    Finding Account numbers for PPI 13th Sep 17 at 6:12 PM
    I have followed Martin's steps to prepare letters to all Banks I have had accounts with, however....
    I registered with all the credit agencies to retrieve details of past accounts (about a dozen), but these agencies only provide the last 4 digits of accounts that I had. Can I send the letters with just this info (plus the account opening date), or do I need the full account number? If so, how do I get it?
    Many thanks
    Dan
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 14,154 Posts
    • 14,850 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    Either from your own records or a SAR to the lender.

But I wouldn't do a SAR unless they cannot find you first time round.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Sep 17, 12:35 AM
    • 18,751 Posts
    • 9,996 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:35 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:35 AM
    I
    I registered with all the credit agencies to retrieve details of past accounts (about a dozen), but these agencies only provide the last 4 digits of accounts that I had. Can I send the letters with just this info
    Originally posted by Shoedog
    Yes you can refer to accounts appearing on your credit file and it should be easy for banks to identify them.

However, since only the last six years of finance is shown, do you know for certain that you had any PPI?

Certainly, it's very unlikely that you will have still held PPI on twelve accounts in the last six years. By 2010, PPI was no longer available from the big lenders (unless it was mortgage PPI which is a useful insurance still retailed today).

No point making a PPI "complaint" until you know for certain whether you ever had a policy...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

181Posts Today

1,731Users online

Martin's Twitter