* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Princesskitty- glad to 'see' you are back and that you are turning the corner with the sickness.

Peppa- its easy to let things take a hold but Mrs I has the right idea.I have planted primrose in the front planters and they look so cheery and colourful- even though at the moment they are threatening to be dragged out by their roots in these high winds.

Mrs I- your cousins reply is pure class! Some people just don't engage their brains before spouting hurtful dribble.

Vulpix- great news on the job- hope its all you want it to be x I painted nearly every skirting board in the house last week- I do not want to see another tin of satinwood for a very long time!

As far as wedding go Im another one that doesn't like people to see how much I have spent, but if someone I was close to wanted a contribution to something then I would happily contribute to as long as the amount was disclosed. Chrissy I hope you manage to sort out the food situation with DD- you'd think close relatives would be more aware of the issues involved for you.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, the funeral went well (if that's the right way to put it). I am glad its all over now and we can get back to what passes for normal in this house.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Happy Birthday MURIE 🎂🍰🍷💐
    I know I should really wait another 48 minutes but I'm determined not to be late and I'm off to bed now.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • :bdaycake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURIE :bdaycake:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Morning everyone, how did you all fare in the storm Doris? We have a fence panel snapped and a very large umbrella snapped off of the base im surprised it didnt rip the base up with how rotten the decking is. So now we cant let the dog out in the garden and im waiting to see if the NDN will fix it or we go halves on it. Of course my stupid anxiety is sky high because a) i have to deal with people and b) we have no idea of fixing fence if NDN wont play ball.
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hope you can get help with your fence panel FREE. We escaped with no damage although two of the four roads out of the village were blocked by fallen trees. Lots of trees down in the woods this morning, they've been felling large parts of the woodland over the past few months as part of the forestry plan and I think the wind has whipped across the newly opened spaces as most of the trees that have fallen are close to these bits.

Hospital appointment at half one this afternoon with hepatologist to look into my funny blood results so hopefully might get some answers, then contrast CT scan at three o'clock. We know how to party lol.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy birthday Murie, hope you have a fab day.

Just popping my head in. I'm 31, have been with the OH for 7 years and have zero plans for getting married or having kids. I've also had a lot of people ask about it, it gets annoying after a while, and some people are just rude about it. I've been told that I should have kids by my family (when they pay for them I will!)., and why haven't I got married yet - I don't really want to ever get married. Almost did once, ended up hitting him with a wok when I found out he slept with his sister's best mate and got her pregnant whilst planning our wedding. How I didn't kill the both of them I have no idea.

Just painted the sun room ceiling, bathroom ceiling and glossed some coving upstairs as it was manky from the previous owner. My arm feels like it may drop off at some point this evening.

Got the big niece coming tomorrow, feels like forever since I've seen her. Going to have chinese food and watch awful TV as I don't know when I'll see her again.

MH called, a day late (not good for the anxiety!), and were less than helpful. So I'm on my own, kicking bottom, and trying to recover from this. Wish me luck.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    [QUOTE=murie;72150929
    As far as wedding go Im another one that doesn't like people to see how much I have spent, but if someone I was close to wanted a contribution to something then I would happily contribute to as long as the amount was disclosed. Chrissy I hope you manage to sort out the food situation with DD- you'd think close relatives would be more aware of the issues involved for you.

In most families thinking of others may be the norm but my brother only has concerns for anything that effects him personally .Theres no love lost between us we are only going to keep the peace in the family.I have paid for the hotel today so no backing out now !
  • :bdaycake: Happy birthday Murie! :bdaycake: Hope that you have a lovely day.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Storm Doris brought some sleet and snow which caused a few issues in Scotland yesterday. A few people at work couldn't manage in and in the local council area some schools were shut due to staff shortages.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Happy birthday Murie

:bdaycake:
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family