Blurred Lines Back In Focus

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Thanks Rosa. The "injury" is healing nicely now. I wish I'd seen it though as I expect it was hilarious to watch.

YNAB? What's that???? :o

I hope you've had a fab weekend. I've just been over to your diary to say hello. MTx
  • MuffinTops
    I'm trying hard not to beat myself up tonight. Instead of the list I prepared - well, let's have a look shall we!

Wednesday
    All done.

Thursday
    All done.

Friday's plans
    Operation Health Plan - OK, this was done too.
    Set up YNAB - NOPE!
    Make financial goals/including savings - NOPE
    Set up new camera :o - NOPE
    Add language software to laptop - NOPE - pattern here?
    Print off and rewrite Manual - Printed off done.
    Change bed clothes - I changed them into ..... a big tent!
    All laundry - All done

Saturday's plans
    O Health P - Done
    Finish rewriting Manual - Oh dear!
    Dusting - some!
    Hoovering - some!
    Bathroom - swish!
    Kitchen - Yes
    I was asked to do a 2 hour radio show 60s to 00s music. DONE

Sunday
    Driving to Norfolk and back - Yes
    Prepare for tomorrow's radio - Yes

Monday
    Print off 2nd Manual and review. - Oh shush!
    Radio (not sure if and when yet, waiting to hear Thursday) - Done 70's & 80's show
    Food shopping for weekly lunches - DONE

Lots of important stuff not started there! I did do two 2 hour radio shows, which takes quite a bit of preparation time for me now. On a positive, I've printed off more than enough "chat" to keep me going for a few weeks.

I've also been clutter sorting too, but not enough to justify the lack of ticks above!

BUT - I've enjoyed this weekend, and I've been on a huge high with the radio with some feedback I get, so I'm trying to keep things in perspective.

Next weekend I've got a really busy one, but I can try to add a few bits and pieces from above. I get paid on Friday so a good time to set up YNAB. I'll also get the details organised through the week.

Money spent was minimal. I only really have two large financial goals, so I guess I can get my financial goals written out this week too.

The main thing is that manual. It's not easy for me as it'll take a lot of thought and research, but I can do that for music, so should just get my head in gear and move forward. As long as I move forward, that's the important thing.

I hope everyone has had a great Bank Holiday weekend. Have a lovely short week! MTx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Good evening Gorgeous! You seem to be on the up :)

Hope you are well and things are good.

I am on the verge of a foot stamping, selfish brat need to purchase anything lol and a trip to the coop doesn't quite cut it :(

I have two days until pay day to go ...I need to find some inspiration for getting back on track moneywise or a least get my house then my brain in in some sort of order ready to then tackle the debts.

I am going to allocate two hours now to sorting out my life ...fingers crossed two hours is enough to make a start ...

P.s today I found out Cake is the answer to any question ;)
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    MT you got shedloads done! :T And hurrah for your positive feedback on the radio! :T:beer:

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am on the verge of a foot stamping, selfish brat need to purchase anything lol and a trip to the coop doesn't quite cut it :(

Ah, the gremlin is with you today is he? Give him a big kiss and tell him to move on and help someone who is actually shopping.

P.s today I found out Cake is the answer to any question ;)

Of course. I'm shocked to hear that your education has been neglected :eek: :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • MuffinTops
    Sam, did you manage to get started on sorting things out? Do you have much to sort out? I'm trying to do the same, but just lacking focus of the destination to know which track to take! I hope you're feeling better today lovely girl.

Sadly, cake is only the answer to the wrong questions for me. I'm feeling more and more like "normal" food has abnormal effects on me! xx
  • MuffinTops
    Ahhh, Rosa, you're always so supportive. I'm sure you're younger than me, but even so, could you adopt me please? :) xx
  • MuffinTops
    I've made a note of bills and other finance details to prepare for YNAB! I've also gone through the little 10 day "training" course they sent too, so I'm back up to date with what it's there for and what it can do.

The last thing to do is that blimming manual. I can't just sit and think about that while there are distractions, so I will make sure I find some time this weekend. It's a busy one coming up which is both good and bad.

Thursday evening:
    Radio show and discussion on shows to cover for. We didn't get a chance to discuss this yesterday as my show ended as hers started.

Friday:
    Nail appointment and then
    back up to Norfolk for a few hours and then home again.

Saturday:
    Photography day in London with 2 people I know I'll have a lot of laughs with!

Sunday:
    Big get together with lots of friends for games and dinner. 2pm - 7pm.

Monday:
    Hair appointment at 2pm.

So, there is some time above to get started on the computer work. I've also got to fit housework in, but I may try to do that tonight and tomorrow evening so that there's not much left to do at the weekend.

Yay to almost being half way through the week!
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Yay to almost being half way through the week! ha ha that made me smile :)
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    Financial details all written down and ready to be transferred to YNAB now.:) It may be good for me to do that tonight because the last day and first few days of the month are usually busy with bills being paid and transfers being made etc. I was going to keep one small ISA off the list, which I pay £20 a month to, so it could grow without me really seeing it. Then I'd have a nice surprise when it "matures", but that's probably stupid as I won't see any issues with the account if something happens. :o

A few of us were in early this morning and 2 of us brought something nice in to make it more bearable. I brought morning pastries and muffins in, which came to £6.50. I don't think I'll volunteer for that again!

I also added £5.00 to my company canteen card. I've used my new First Direct credit card in the hope that this will be enough of a payment to trigger the £25 cashback.

M&S switch has been setup. It's a bit of a long winded process getting that done, but it's thorough and gives you a cooling off chance so it's not a bad thing. My transfer should happen on 4th June and then my vouchers should arrive early July. I think they need to go aside for Christmas gifts.

Being thorough on YNAB prep has made me think about 2 accounts I have but never use. One is a virgin money really old ISA with £200 sitting in it! The other is a really old Post Office account with about £1.40 in it! I think I need a form for the really old Post Office account. Virgin Money need a call to close that, so I'll get those details out tonight and phone them tomorrow.

Pay day on Friday! So I have one more work alarm until my next day off and PAY DAY!!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure