Meerkat Movies

Comments

• badbunny42
    badbunny42 Posts: 53
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 15 April 2015 at 8:42PM
    tashahobo wrote: »
    I've just bought travel insurance for £2.05 but the meerkat movies won't validate - how long does it normally take?

I have the same problem, I went with ERV at £2.05
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    I tried again on Monday and it still wouldn't activate.

So I contacted them again, via the website.

I had a reply a few hours later, and they told me to try again. When I logged back in, it had already activated.

I'd suggest contacting them if anyone is still having problems
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • ganonman
    ganonman Posts: 153
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Didn't work for me with ERV.

'Sorry, we can't automatically validate your details for the selected product and brand. Please check you have selected the correct product and brand.'
    "A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)
  • lean&mean
    lean&mean Posts: 76
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 April 2015 at 9:58AM
    Mine wouldn't automatically validate either, though I'd only bought it about 12 hours before. It's probably the insurer not feeding back data to the comparison site quickly enough or maybe at all (I wonder how much commission they miss as a result).

I contacted CompareTheMarket online via website feedback and they replied within an hour! They asked for details of the policy, email address, name etc. Once I gave them all that they activated the offer within about 30 minutes. Great service as I was hoping to use it that evening at the cinema.

I had missed the ruse of buying one day cover, but perhaps it wasn't open still. I bought one year cover for my 22yr old son, cost about £12, so the second film is free in effect. Still brilliant value, though not as good as Orange Weds, RIP.

Only other tip I would offer is if you are trying to activate through the phone app, once CTM have activated you manually, make sure you close the phone app and reopen it. Once you've put in your details it will automatically show you as activated.
  • zappomatic
    zappomatic Posts: 616
    Forumite
    lean&mean wrote: »
    I had missed the ruse of buying one day cover, but perhaps it wasn't open still. I bought one year cover for my 22yr old son, cost about £12, so the second film is free in effect. Still brilliant value, though not as good as Orange Weds, RIP.

I'd say it's better than Orange Wednesdays - lower entry cost, no need to pay out 35p a text every time, works on Tuesday OR Wednesday, works in conjunction with Cineworld Bargain Tuesdays. Only thing that's missing is Pizza Express but there are plenty of alternatives.
  • psstoverere
    psstoverere Posts: 284
    Forumite
    Has anyone got their new code for next tues and weds? mine says Ooops sorry we could not issue a new code
  • Having similar problems activatinge the account with a £2.06 travel insurance. Does not recognise the details.

Have emailed them.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    central.fm wrote: »
    Hi. I've found that this is badly researched advice from Deal Hunters. I got Travel insurance for £2.03 but It wont validate it. And when I looked at the terms and conditions, it CLEARLY says that Travel Insurance is one of the purchases that they WONT accept.
    This has been terrible advice that has wasted mine and many other people's money.
    Did MSE Deal Hunters get a nice kick back from Compare The Market for tricking so many people into wasting their money or are the researchers just incompetent?
    Get ready to apologise:

From the meerkat's ts + cs

http://www.comparethemarket.com/information/meerkat-movies-terms/#qualifying

5. Qualifying Purchase
    5.1 MEERKAT MOVIES is available to those who:
    5.1.1 Purchased: car insurance, motorcycle insurance, van insurance, contents and/or buildings insurance, pet insurance, life insurance, landlord insurance or travel insurance;
  • psstoverere
    psstoverere Posts: 284
    Forumite
    It clearly states travel insurance is included, my validated after 48 hours but i couldnt get next weeks code on my phone, i have since logged in via computer and got next weeks code which seems to have sorted it out on my phone too. I paid £2.05 very happy.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,578
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    central.fm wrote: »
    Hi. I've found that this is badly researched advice from Deal Hunters. I got Travel insurance for £2.03 but It wont validate it. And when I looked at the terms and conditions, it CLEARLY says that Travel Insurance is one of the purchases that they WONT accept.
    This has been terrible advice that has wasted mine and many other people's money.
    Did MSE Deal Hunters get a nice kick back from Compare The Market for tricking so many people into wasting their money or are the researchers just incompetent?

A couple of points:

http://www.comparethemarket.com/information/meerkat-movies-terms/#qualifying

5.1.1 still lists Travel insurance as a qualifying purchase, although I believe travel insurance has been taken off elsewhere as of yesterday.

Many have purchased and used this deal successfully- there is a huge thread on hukd.

The purchases are taking up to 3 days to verify on the CtM system, it is not instant.

Lastly, loophole deals like this are always subject to change, never guaranteed, and if you're coming in late then it's a real gamble.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback