Reclaim CPP article discussion

Comments

• sile001
    sile001 Posts: 94
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Mine arrived this morning. I'll ring them on Monday. I had a similar letter from MBNA some months ago and ended up nearly £600 to the good. Let's hope CPP turns up trumps
    Debt-Free as of 12th September 2017

£[STRIKE]12,000[/STRIKE] > £0

:beer::j
  • Hi I have also received two Cpp claim letter in one day, both with a seperate account number, I can't think which card or bank this is for, but no doubt I must of had a couple, I am guilty of not checking statements, how do I go about finding out which bank/cards this is for plz. do I send a cheque for a SAR or just wait as the letter states. Thanks.....:T
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • BC_KT
    BC_KT Posts: 100 Forumite
    Hi I have also received two Cpp claim letter in one day, both with a seperate account number, I can't think which card or bank this is for, but no doubt I must of had a couple, I am guilty of not checking statements, how do I go about finding out which bank/cards this is for plz. do I send a cheque for a SAR or just wait as the letter states. Thanks.....:T

You can ring the phone number on the letter and they'll check for you.
  • I have received a CPP reclaim letter this morning but I can honestly I don't remember purchasing a policy from them. How do I find out? Also it has a policy number on the letter, is there a website to logon or anything?
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling? :o
  • I noticed that I had CPP protection about ten years ago through Barclays and called and complained that I never wanted it in the first place. This was around 2004.

Every year since then, they automatically renewed my policy depsite me asking them not to. My card that they used expired and they still managed to take the money from my account.

Each time I called CPP to tell them that I didn't want the product, they would tell me that it was "too late" and "cannot refund" the charges. This was absolutely scandalous, especially since I knew a guy who worked in their York call centre who told me this was wrong.

I had to wait for 10 months for the policy to come close to renewal to write to them to cease the CPP cover.

Since this time, I have moved house and have not received any correspondance from CPP and called them today and the response was.

"You will have to create a new customer reference and you will have to call us back with your new reference number when it arrives".

It doesn't look like CPP are making it easy for their previous customers.

I'll update this post on the process as it fans out.

This is going to be interesting but is more a matter or principle...
  • sava05 wrote: »
    Hello sile001, I had the exact letter also this week. It all depends on a vote of some sort if your entitled to any compensation. Fingers crossed for us.

I received the letter this morning (having finally realised it was unnecessary and already cancelled my policy over a year ago). I had this policy for years before 2005, paid every 3 years on my card - I believe from when I got one of the earliest Marks and Spencer credit card. Is it appropriate to pre-empt this and write to them (M and S) now even though I have been contacted by CPP?
  • Hello

I have just received the first cpp letter addressed to my late mother since her mail has been re-directed to me.

I,am wondering am i entitled to claim on her behalf even though she has now passed away?

thank you
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    you might be asked for proof you can act on her behalf, but yes, if you can supply that, you can.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • OK I've been through 15 years of paperwork, and can not find anything from CPP, but they have sent me the first letter quoting a policy number.
    Do I
    1) ring them to find out the policy details, dates ect?
    2) wait for the next round of letters to see whats what?
    Only the Mortgage to go!!!
  • they have sent me the first letter quoting a policy number.
    Just do whatever it tells you to do in the letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure