Rambling on...

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    "The Mothman Prophecies" was really good and tonight it is going to be ARGO, which is another of my mates loans... it's got the BATFLECK in it... hmmm

Mates have been teasing me about dating again... and I admit to feeling a little "lonely" (not to them of course, would only make 'em worse...) and whilst I have a few great female mates, I don't have that "special someone", you know?

Was a good day at work and an NSD as I had prepared my meals last night :D

Hope you all had a good one today too
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Argo is good. Maybe it's time to join an online dating site if you feel ready to meet someone?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ... echoing Hairy on both points!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • UncannyScot
    Thank you both :D

ARGO was excellent... the BATFLECK was really good as both lead and director...

Online dating sites??? erm... nope... uh-uh...
    I've read "The Thirst" you know?

Seriously, I'm not sure about them tbh... I've always met someone via friends or shared interests... one of my female friends suggested Meet Up as a good way to meet new people and new friends, so I may give that a try.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Wait until your ready. You'll know when the times right... I think Meet Up is a good idea.

Think I'm past it :rotfl: while I don't like the loneliness I don't think I could ever do it again :o
  • UncannyScot
    Wait until your ready. You'll know when the times right... I think Meet Up is a good idea.

Think I'm past it :rotfl: while I don't like the loneliness I don't think I could ever do it again :o

You are most definitely NOT past it :rotfl:

You are right though, I'll know when I meet someone and it feels right...

Have a great day everyone
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Thank you both :D

ARGO was excellent... the BATFLECK was really good as both lead and director...

Online dating sites??? erm... nope... uh-uh...
    I've read "The Thirst" you know?

Seriously, I'm not sure about them tbh... I've always met someone via friends or shared interests... one of my female friends suggested Meet Up as a good way to meet new people and new friends, so I may give that a try.

Hmmmmm online dating sites drop me a pm and i will tell you my experiences re them, one date experience resulted in a fight lol I had met a lass on a site, she said she was single she wasnt we bumped a friend of her boyfriends in durham. Then 45 mins later said friend boyfriend and mate reappeared its a good job i move well for a big lad lol

Not a scratch on me but they cant aay the same

My advice avoid them.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • There's someone for everyone...that's my belief anyway :)

I met DH on Freeserve chat and it went from there. I did have a few disasters before that though lol
  • UncannyScot
    edited 17 October 2017 at 7:55PM
    Evening folks :D

That's my IPA mixed up and in the fermenting bucket if it tastes as good as it smells it is going to be a beaut :beer:
    It has to be and I quote, "left the !!!! alone" for 14 days. On day 15 add hops on day 17 syphon off into the two FV's for bottling off and then condition for a month...
    expected result, a fully flavoured, hoppy golden IPA with an approx. ABV of 6.5% :D
    :j :beer:

Dating... thanks for encouragement and advice folks. I have confided in two of my trusted female friends and both have warned me off the dating sites... both of them had their own horror stories to tell :eek:

It was one of them who suggested Meet Up to me as she met her current lad through that and he is a lovely fella. They're both members of an outdoor pursuits group and have suggested I join their group as there are, according to my friend, "some very nice lassies who would snap you up in a heartbeat"...
    SO, I am giving it serious consideration, as it seems to be a much better option than dating sites...
    There are all sorts of interest and activity groups on Meet Up so I'm bound to find something to interest me... activity that is... erm group thing... I'm making it worse now aren't I? I'll shurrup, you know what I mean :o

Have a lovely evening folks
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • All sounds good on both fronts (both home brew and potential dating :D ) ...you seem such a lovely person US (like so many peeps on here)... and I can't imagine it will be on before you ARE "snapped up"! :D
    All the best x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure