Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 362
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 13th Oct 17, 9:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Celepie
    Reading this thread has kept me sane for the last week!

We put our application in on Monday morning with Halifax. Wednesday lunchtime, our broker called to say there was a small issue with my SA302s. Thankfully it was easy to sort and our offer was approved on Thursday morning. I'm in Scotland so thankfully didn't have to wait for the valuation as that was already in the Home Report. Entry date confirmed today as end of November.

Waiting for the decision is one of the most stressful things ever. I don't remember being so stressed about it when I bought my first house six years ago!

Good luck to everyone!
    • CommitedToChange
    • By CommitedToChange 15th Oct 17, 11:32 AM
    • 1,005 Posts
    • 3,520 Thanks
    CommitedToChange
    Nice update

06/9/17 - Met broker, handed over all docs and did factfind
    09/9/17 - view 4 house, really love number 3, sleep on decision
    10/9/17 - put in offer - accepted an hour later!
    11/9/17 - API sorted with Pepper
    11/9/17 - solicitor instructed -
    12/9/17 - full application put in
    30/9/17 - valuation done
    6/10/17 - Mortgage offer received for full amount
    10/10/17 - money on account given to sols to start searches etc

I can't believe its happening - still not there yet - but much more hopeful now

Hoping to be in before Christmas
    Attempting to buy a house
    • Regina.filangie
    • By Regina.filangie 15th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Regina.filangie
    Congratulations CommittedtoChange!

Really hoping for good news myself this week.

Met with broker on 30/09, they put application in on 03/10, survey carried out on 06/10 which came back fine for the amount I've offered. No news since then so I asked for an update on 13/10 and was asked to provide a further 3 months bank statements to show child maintenance going in so I've e-mailed these to the broker. Another query was raised about the source of my deposit which the broker addressed, they said it should be ok and I should get a decision on Tuesday.

This has been the longest weekend of my life! It's so awful waiting. I don't want to be dramatic but there's so much resting in this decision and I am desperate for this mortgage offer.

Congratulations to all those who have received their offers and good luck to all those still waiting.
    • CommitedToChange
    • By CommitedToChange 15th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 1,005 Posts
    • 3,520 Thanks
    CommitedToChange
    The waiting is awful - much harder than I thought it would be. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and everyone else waiting on a decision.
    Attempting to buy a house
    • abby28
    • By abby28 15th Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    abby28
    Hello everyone

I had my valuation done 14/09. Then a week later told by the broker that natwest had put a retention on it because of a couple of things that the survey came back with.

1. Broken tiles on roof
    2. No firewall in place in the loft

Spoke to the estate agent who let the vendor know of the issues and she got the tiles repaired and the firewall installed last week

Proof of the firewall invoice and pictures sent to NatWest via my broker and he says I should expect an offer within the next 48 hours!

It's been a rather Long process for me (FTB). We were all hoping to exchange next week so fingers crossed natwest come back with an offer by Tuesday and then the monies can get sorted.

Anyone else had problems come back from valuation and had to get repairs? Did you have to provide proof and if so how long did it take to get the offer afterwards?
    • leahcolxo
    • By leahcolxo 16th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    leahcolxo
    Mortgage offer!
    Hi there, just to give people an idea of our timescale and position to hopefully give piece of mind!

We are first time buyers, been in our jobs less than 3 months each (straight of uni). We saw a flat we loved above a cafe and put an offer in the next day!

25/9/17 - Offer put in on flat and accepted.
    26/9/17 - Put in for DIP and referred.
    26/9/17 - Put in asked for documents, most recent payslips and our gift deposit template.
    9/10/17 - DIP Accepted.
    9/10/17 - Mortgage Application in.
    10/10/17 - Text to say valuation was booked for the 12/10/17.
    12/10/17 - Valuation takes place and is received by bank.
    16/10/17 - Receive mortgage offer.

We were so stressed beforehand when applying but considering all we had to send in was our most recent payslips we have been really lucky.

We also had worried about the flat being above a cafe but it didn’t come up as a problem to valuer so that was super too!

We also were worried considering this forum ad others suggested Nationwide were slow and difficult but they’ve been nothing but stellar for us, we did this without a broker and did it direct and had no problems.
    Good luck everyone!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,523Users online

Martin's Twitter