Santander Result but there is more.

Options
Just had a nice sum of money in the process of being sent to me from Santander after using MSE resolver to reclaim PPI on a loan dated 2003. Santander have stated on the offer letter that They have identified that I re-financed a loan with them prior to the one they just paid out on. However due to the age of the particular loan they are unable to locate it without a valid loan account number.

My question is if Santander (Abbey National) are admitting they have a record by identifying a previous loan, surely they must have a account details for it. If they don’t require to hold records going back further than 6 years, how would they know about this previous loan or record of refinancing they are talking about.

With the original successful claim I have just made, I never had to provide previous addresses where I was living going back to 2003.

What is the opinion of people is it worth me pursuing a further claim on this previous loan that they have mentioned by asking for a Subject Access Request and sending them my previous addresses going back to before 2003.I have a old credit report from 2010 that shows a loan settled in 2003 that was a secured type secured on a mortgage so I believe that is the one they are taking about but obviously the Experian credit report does not give a account details or numbers.

Any advice or help appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My question is if Santander (Abbey National) are admitting they have a record by identifying a previous loan, surely they must have a account details for it.

No. There's no surely about about it. Data is archived, often leaving bare minimum.

If you don't believe them, you'll need to invest £10 in a SAR.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My question is if Santander (Abbey National) are admitting they have a record by identifying a previous loan, surely they must have a account details for it.

Being aware that you had a loan is not the same as being aware of the terms of the loan.
    If they don’t require to hold records going back further than 6 years, how would they know about this previous loan or record of refinancing they are talking about.

Data destructions is phased over time. You are also looking at paper records and electronic records. And different systems. Each archiving or destroying bits of data at different times.
    I have a old credit report from 2010 that shows a loan settled in 2003 that was a secured type secured on a mortgage so I believe that is the one they are taking about but obviously the Experian credit report does not give a account details or numbers.

Nor will it say whether you had PPI on it or not.
    What is the opinion of people is it worth me pursuing a further claim on this previous loan that they have mentioned by asking for a Subject Access Request and sending them my previous addresses going back to before 2003.

They have already addressed this loan in the complaint. Making another complaint wont change the outcome. If you dont believe them, then you can spend your £10 and do a DSAR.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure