Questions for dog walkers

13»

Comments

• Now that it is fully dark here at 8pm, it's difficult finding different routes that have any kind of lighting, I like to see where my feet are but some of the paths have no lights at all. I already need to take a torch with me just in case he picks a dark spot to poo in :o
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The following is always off lead. In the summer I usually take my Lab out for a hike (5 to 8 miles) mid morning, and then a gentler walk in the afternoon with my wife for about 40 mins to an hour. We don't tend to take him out in the evening, but he does have the run of a very large garden. In the winter, it can vary, he sometimes gets similar to teh Summer, but less if the weather is bad (rain, not cold, I sweat when hiking even in January) , but he will always get at least a 3 mile brisk walk or jog with me.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • catkins
    catkins Posts: 5,703 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We don't have any kind of routine at all so it varies enormously.

If it's hot my dogs get walked about 6am for at least an hour and then probably 11pm for about an hour. Me and DH will not walk them during the day as it is unfair. They hate the heat and the pavements can burn their pads.

On cooler days they can be walked any time between 6am and 10am for around an hour and a half to two hours. The last walk can be as early as 5pm to as late as 10pm usually for about an hour.

In cool weather they usually get a lunchtime/early afternoon walk too
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure