Perfume for a gift

2»

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Reading the first post again and reading between the lines (and possibly getting it totally wrong :D) I wonder if the OP's friend's favourite perfume is Chloe and that's why the other friend suggested it as an alternative to DKNY.

The OP is the one who knows her friend and should know if she'd like a spa break + cheaper perfume or expensive perfume.
    Personally, I wouldn't want to go on a 2 day spa break on my own but would maybe find a one day with a good friend a nice, girly treat.

I've already chucked my twopennorth in about buying perfume that isn't a favourite.
    Years ago, my friend used to wear Ysatis (sp) and it smelled fab on her.
    I tried it at the airport and as the scent developed on my skin, it smelled awful.
    I had to go and wash it off. It was making me nauseous.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You need to know what perfume she wears and likes. I am a fumehead as we are called on forums. I would spend the money on the spa break to be honest but make it a shorter period. Unless you are planing on going too?

For perfume good deals https://www.allbeauty.com they always have offers on and are genuine.

All my friends etc know never ever to buy me perfume, my tastes are not the normal designer.
  • Years ago, my friend used to wear Ysatis (sp) and it smelled fab on her.
    I tried it at the airport and as the scent developed on my skin, it smelled awful. Posted by Pollycat
    Blue Grass (Elizabeth Arden?) smells just like Vicks vapour rub on me.
  • No for me Blue Grass smells like mothballs.

Yes perfume can smell very very different on different people.
  • Pollycat
    Blue Grass (Elizabeth Arden?) smells just like Vicks vapour rub on me.
    donnac2558 wrote: »
    No for me Blue Grass smells like mothballs.

Yes perfume can smell very very different on different people.
    I've not smelled this for years (IIRC it's a very old perfume) but it smelled awful.

A quick Google shows it was launched in 1934! :eek:
  • I agree perfume is quite personal and she may not like it. How about some pretty flowers instead? Its nice to have flowers in the house. Get mine from Aldi and they are great! Not expensive and last for ages.
  • Pollycat
    I agree perfume is quite personal and she may not like it. How about some pretty flowers instead? Its nice to have flowers in the house. Get mine from Aldi and they are great! Not expensive and last for ages.

That's a nice idea.
    I generally buy people orchid plants, they can last for months and if someone is bothered enough will flower again.
    I bought my sister one almost 2 years ago and it's on its 3rd flowering, absolutely laden with flowers.
    She loves it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport