PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

when 'all being in this together' means something

Options
I've only been posting and reading the OS board for a few weeks and I cannot believe how my mindset and financials have changed (for the better). When 'all being in this together' means something it is SO powerful.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this bit of the forum for the cheerleading and friendly words xx
2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Best board on this forum I think

We are such a cross section, we all have different ideas, we have different lifestyles, but we all want to share what works for us and because we know one size doesn't fit all, we aknowledge we don't know it all and that others view points and experiences are as valid as our own, and we learn a bit more ourselves :)
  • jackyann
    jackyann Posts: 3,433 Forumite
    Options
    This board reminds me of the conversations I would hear in childhood among women of all ages, and a fair variety of backgrounds - even the comfortable off would like to be 'sensible' with money.
    It seemed to go out of fashion and be regarded as 'boring', but I am so glad to see it resurrected here - helpful to so many people, whatever their gender, age or background.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    those sentiments about the posters are ones i agree with you learn so much when you read posts many thanks to all who post

i do find that phrase vile and link it to the tories trying to make the rich richer and the poor poorer...not something that would ever happen on this board

tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Best board on this forum I think
    Yep, no b*tches :A
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i do find that phrase vile and link it to the tories trying to make the rich richer and the poor poorer...not something that would ever happen on this board
    tessa

I'm taking it back :shocked: why they ever used it in the first place is beyond me

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    no dont take it back i just thought this board is very far away fromthe people who came up with that particular phrase....i know what you mean and hope i havent caused you of anyone else upset

all the best tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slowly57 wrote: »
    I'm taking it back :shocked: why they ever used it in the first place is beyond me

I completely agree with Martin Lewis, you're never too rich to take care of your income, but I'm not sure who they think they're kidding. Having to "economise" on this year's holiday or downgrade from Fortnum & Mason to Waitrose is hardly the same as having to choose between food and heating (and I say that as someone who has seen both sides of that divide!). When you have less, proportionally, in economic downturns you take more of a hit. That's just capitalism.

I love this board because we're all here for the same thing - to find the things we have in common and to share knowledge which can help us, whatever our situation or financial goals.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    no dont take it back i just thought this board is very far away fromthe people who came up with that particular phrase....i know what you mean and hope i havent caused you of anyone else upset

all the best tessa

noooo ... tis me - I didn't explain that very well Tessa - I meant taking that phrase back to actually meaning what it said - rather than being some glib, trite soundbite, trotted out by cynical rotters who have absolutely NO IDEA :mad:

I love this community :kisses3: (awww lol)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My dear old Mum used to say back in the dark days of post-war Britain, 'well at least we are all in the same boat' :):):) and to all the lovely people on here I hope we are 'all in the same boat' in as much as we are all doing our best to use our cash to the best advantage and thinking along the same lines.
    A friendlier bunch you would be hard put to find, and any question on here whether its for a cooking or money saving is usually answered politely and with cheerfulness and no question is ever deem daft or silly
    Well done chums on making this The Great British Forum :):):)
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    I have been really busy with DDad the last couple of days and I have really missed you all. It is the best :beer:
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport