Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking)

Kantankrus_Mare
Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 28 January 2016 at 11:48AM in Sports & fitness MoneySaving
MoneySavingExpert Insert:

We spoke directly to Bounts to get the lowdown. The full info's in the Bounts Dealshunters Blog.

Back to Kantankrus Mare's original post...

I've searched and can't find a thread apart from the referrals thread about bounts.

For anyone that doesn't know.......its an app which you connect to a fitness tracker and rewards you with high street vouchers depending on how active you are.

I have a fitbit arriving today and have the bounts app set up ready.

Would be interested to see how others get on with this site and if its worth upgrading etc.

For me......it will in theory be a good way of keeping me motivated having just got back to going to the gym regularly.

Also getting my daily steps in should be relatively easy on a work day. I work in a small cafe/restaurant and am constantly walking for a seven/eight hour shift.

Looking forward to hearing others feelings and experience with the app.
Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60

Comments

• Well my initial reaction is that the website is a pain! So far I have tried to register and eventually I received an email to confirm my registration.

I've now been trying for an hour to confirm my registration and am failing to get a connection to the website.

I've also tried to link Strava (which I normally use) to the bounts website and failed with that as well.

Not impressed so far :(
  • Hmm that doesn't look promising.

I hope its only teething problems as the principle of the site sounds great and I so want it to be good.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • They've now posted on Facebook saying they've been overwhelmed with new users and are up-grading their servers so I'll not write them off just yet!
  • Managed to register, and i think i've got strava and fitbit connected. But i might have been too late to redeem the MSE referral code as that's not appeared (managed to register at 1pm, email went out at 11:30am).

Anyone else had referral issues?
    *Assuming you're in England or Wales.
  • I never noticed the mse offer till after I had used a referral from the bounts referral thread but it seemed to accept it.

Fitbit just arrived and in process of setting up so will be back later.
  • Managed to register, and i think i've got strava and fitbit connected. But i might have been too late to redeem the MSE referral code as that's not appeared (managed to register at 1pm, email went out at 11:30am).

Anyone else had referral issues?

I thought I had the same problem (no referral points) but I've done some digging on the website and found this:.

I've now managed to connect my Strava (flipping' typical - I finally got it connected *after* I came back from a lunchtime run). Hopefully tomorrow I'll do my first tracked activity and my referral points will show up. Watch this space......
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    How much money can you earn per how many steps?
  • I thought I had the same problem (no referral points) but I've done some digging on the website and found this:.

I've now managed to connect my Strava (flipping' typical - I finally got it connected *after* I came back from a lunchtime run). Hopefully tomorrow I'll do my first tracked activity and my referral points will show up. Watch this space......
    Have you signed up using the Money Saving Expert referral Code? If so, there were a few requirements to redeem this;

2c. You complete your first point qualifying activity i.e 7,000 steps or 20 minutes of GPS tracked activity or a gym visit

Well, i better get off my bottom then!

Cheers :)
    *Assuming you're in England or Wales.
  • Hi all. I downloaded Bounts this morning and sync it with my Jawbone ... I completed my 7k steps and my MSE bonus was added straight away. So it definitely works. Stick with it.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 January 2016 at 11:16PM
    Im a bit disappointed.

Went to a fitness class this morning and my fitbit arrived just after lunch. Made a real effort to get my 7000 steps in........treating the dog to two decent walks hoping to see my points go on the bounts app but nothing as yet.

Was wanting to see it monitor and transfer data.

Seems it being promoted on MSE has sent the site into over drive.

Loving my fitbit though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure