Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• ZoeyAmber
    • By ZoeyAmber 13th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Car Insurance Quote
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    Car Insurance Quote 13th Mar 18 at 1:09 PM
    Hi there,

I hope Iíve started my thread in the correct place though I apologise if not!

My car insurance is due for renewal at the end of this month, Iím 23 at the end of the month and only passed my test in January and have started a new job as an apprentice recovery worker at a drug and alcohol charity/organisation run by the council that helps individuals with substance misuse. I have ran a new search and Iím trying to find tips on getting my insurance cheaper, what to put, etc.

Itís cheaper if I put my job as being a student though as Iím an apprentice will I have to put apprentice?

Also Iíve asked my colleagues at work what to put for the type of company I work for but theyíve all put completely different things, plus sometimes the insurance companies donít have the same options to choose from!!!128553;

I have both my parents on my policy to help with bringing thebcost down and my partner (who is 27 years old) is on the policy and has only just passed his test also - I completely understand with two nearly passed drivers it isnít going to be cheap though weíve just moved into our first house and would like to save on money if we can.

If anybody can give me some tips on trying to get it cheaper or can recommend a particular insurance company to contact for a quote Iíd really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!!!128522;
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Mar 18, 2:36 AM
    • 26,753 Posts
    • 10,757 Thanks
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:36 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:36 AM
    Do you goto school or college as well as the centre?

If you do you may need business cover, you wont be travelling to a single place of employment/training.

Sounds like employed not a student.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 14th Mar 18, 11:02 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:02 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:02 AM
    Putting too many people on the policy may not be the best idea. This could increase your premium. Try different options putting only one more person and see if this will get you a better price as well. Why don't you try Bell? They are awful at renewal but can be decent the first time.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,548Posts Today

7,554Users online

Martin's Twitter