Interview at Sainsburys (and working there in general)

Comments

• MrTomato
    MrTomato Posts: 771 Forumite
    Will there be anything to be assessed on? Tests about whatver? Group actvities? Or anything else?

And thanks so far.
  • They try to make it as fun and informal as possible, no tests, just a lot of company policies and things like that. There may be a few of you all on different depts probably so it ill just be general stuff. You sould make some pals and have a good laugh.
  • Oh there was one task I remember, we were in groups and had to go find things in the store - just to familiarise yourself with things customers ask for. But if u shop there it's easy! and it's not marked it's just so you know the layout etc
  • try this site for interview tips.
    http://www.businessballs.com/curriculum.htm#progressive-employers-jobs

also when i first started at Sainsuburys (over 12 years ago) we had group training and they had a training till that everyone practised on....then we were let loose with a trained member of staff helping. But it may have changed since then.
    Eve

:rotfl:

In need of saving money!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is there any news MrTomato,
  • DCFC79
    eve_1979 wrote: »
    try this site for interview tips.
    http://www.businessballs.com/curriculum.htm#progressive-employers-jobs

also when i first started at Sainsuburys (over 12 years ago) we had group training and they had a training till that everyone practised on....then we were let loose with a trained member of staff helping. But it may have changed since then.

yes i think its changed or 6 years ago there was no dummy till we were told to watch someone else do it for while and then try it ourselves with that same person stood behind us
  • nsimpson123
    nsimpson123 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Hi, it's a two day induction at Sainsbury's with a short test at the end, nothing to worry to much about as long as you take in what your told about over the two days, you will then need another days training on the checkouts,you will be paid for all of the training days. I am a store trainer at Sainsburys - Good Luck:)
  • MrTomato
    MrTomato Posts: 771 Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is there any news MrTomato,

just the induction's first day in the morning:j
  • DCFC79
    MrTomato wrote: »
    just the induction's first day in the morning:j

well good luck
  • nibs
    nibs Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've never worked for the company but know quite a few people who have. Supermarkets and retail in general tend to be quite easy to transfer store to store in holiday and term time due to students moving away/coming back etc so I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not sure whether you should mention it at the interview though as they may not give you the position if they think you will be on the move soon. Obviously if they ask, tell them but if not, I wouldn't mention it.

Good luck in your interview, just talk about customer service lots and you will be fine!

Trust my DS to pick a sainsburys store that doesnt do transfers!!
    Feel really sad that he has worked in the pharmacy dept for nearly 2 years, excellent time and attendance, loves his job, but they dont do transfers or keep your job open for term breaks :(
    So today is his last day as he is off to uni on wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure