April’s 2014 BR Club

Comments

• Saltysea99
    Saltysea99 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi ,

We hopefully will be free this month
    Appointment booked for 22nd of April

I cant actually wait, I have been in debt my entire adult life :(

I am declaring BR the week before you, and I also feel exactly the same, free for the first time in a long time!:beer:
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Bump.........:starmod:
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Saltysea99
    Saltysea99 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi Saltysea99 and welcome to April's BR Club, I've added you to post one :beer:
    Any questions please do ask on the main BR board for more replies and support.

Do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
    IF

Hi IF & everyone, well I declared myself BR today. Was so very nervous in the run up to it I was almost sick, but I just want to reassure everyone who is going to go through this process in April's club with me, that it really is not as bad as I had been worrying about.
    Was seen dead on my appointment time, I had everything I needed and more, and with the stress of getting everything ready I forgot form 6-27. Luckily the woman at the desk was really nice and printed one off for me to fill out there and then. I wasn't called into an office or anything like that, simply seen at a desk counter. Paid my fee and she said, okay please just wait now, and 45 minutes later she came back and said ok that's all done, your BR was is effective as at this time, and this is the number to quote should any of your creditors ask for it.

So I should receive a call tomorrow from the OR, I'm not sure what this involves, but what I'm thinking is that the BR is in place so regardless of what the OR says that can't be reversed!?

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but when I returned home there was an electricity bill with an outstanding amount over £200 dated in March that I had no idea of - I changed electricity supplier in March and this is apparently the 'final bill' from the old supplier. Do I pass this on to the OR, or shall I mention it to the OR tomorrow? Will this in any way jeopardise the current electricity supplier I have?

Also, will the OR let me know whether or not they are going to tell my landlord? I'm really hoping not, I don't see why they should as there's no arrears.

I feel like there is actually light at the end of the tunnel, I am going to have a glass of wine tonight first night in a while of not being worried, and would just like to say thanks to everyone on this board who has helped me and all the advice and support, it has really been invaluable.
    :j :beer:
  • Hi,

I went bankrupt on March 12th this year. I thought all would be fairly straight forward but the OR was very difficult and cold at the interview. She did a calculation of my income and expenditure and said there will be an IPA and gave me a figure. This was based on my yearly pension income. The same figure was then put in emails that she sent me over the following three weeks. I wasn't sure she had correctly calculated the figure but each time I questioned it she replied in the same frosty tone saying she was right. When the IPA arrived for me to sign (before I had been able to submit what I thought were correct figures) the amount she was requiring to pay had trebled! When I contacted her questioning the figure she said there had been a typing error and that the figure was correct. No apology for the mistake (if it was one). She has taken not only my pension but also all of the maintenance payment my ex wife makes for my son (he also receives Disability Living Allowance). This now means that my 2nd wife's maintenance payments is the only one we have and I find it hard to see how we can afford to pay the IPA being demanded. Our other income is derived at the moment from state benefits, housing benefit, DLA, Carers Allowance and Tax Credits. We have four children (three with Autism). Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated? Thanks.
  • macbabypam
    macbabypam Posts: 103 Forumite
    I didn't think they could include DLA as I believe this is classed as a benefit. I would repost this on the BR forum on ots own thread instead of the April BR thread and you will get more replies. I'm sure one of the experts will come along to help.

Remember an IPA is an agreement so don't sign if you don't agree. There are a few experts on here that have been very helpful in achieving lower IPA agreements so pop up an SOA on the main BR board and they might be able to help you too.
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Saltysea99 wrote: »
    Hi IF & everyone, well I declared myself BR today. Was so very nervous in the run up to it I was almost sick, but I just want to reassure everyone who is going to go through this process in April's club with me, that it really is not as bad as I had been worrying about.
    Was seen dead on my appointment time, I had everything I needed and more, and with the stress of getting everything ready I forgot form 6-27. Luckily the woman at the desk was really nice and printed one off for me to fill out there and then. I wasn't called into an office or anything like that, simply seen at a desk counter. Paid my fee and she said, okay please just wait now, and 45 minutes later she came back and said ok that's all done, your BR was is effective as at this time, and this is the number to quote should any of your creditors ask for it.

So I should receive a call tomorrow from the OR, I'm not sure what this involves, but what I'm thinking is that the BR is in place so regardless of what the OR says that can't be reversed!?

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but when I returned home there was an electricity bill with an outstanding amount over £200 dated in March that I had no idea of - I changed electricity supplier in March and this is apparently the 'final bill' from the old supplier. Do I pass this on to the OR, or shall I mention it to the OR tomorrow? Will this in any way jeopardise the current electricity supplier I have?

Also, will the OR let me know whether or not they are going to tell my landlord? I'm really hoping not, I don't see why they should as there's no arrears.

I feel like there is actually light at the end of the tunnel, I am going to have a glass of wine tonight first night in a while of not being worried, and would just like to say thanks to everyone on this board who has helped me and all the advice and support, it has really been invaluable.
    :j :beer:

Hiya Saltysea99, I'm so pleased all went well today and there really is light at the end of the tunnel :beer:
    Please do ask your questions on the main BR board as you'll receive many more replies and support.

Here's to your new start, I bet that wine tasted good.

IF

mbh4p0.gif
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

I went bankrupt on March 12th this year. I thought all would be fairly straight forward but the OR was very difficult and cold at the interview. She did a calculation of my income and expenditure and said there will be an IPA and gave me a figure. This was based on my yearly pension income. The same figure was then put in emails that she sent me over the following three weeks. I wasn't sure she had correctly calculated the figure but each time I questioned it she replied in the same frosty tone saying she was right. When the IPA arrived for me to sign (before I had been able to submit what I thought were correct figures) the amount she was requiring to pay had trebled! When I contacted her questioning the figure she said there had been a typing error and that the figure was correct. No apology for the mistake (if it was one). She has taken not only my pension but also all of the maintenance payment my ex wife makes for my son (he also receives Disability Living Allowance). This now means that my 2nd wife's maintenance payments is the only one we have and I find it hard to see how we can afford to pay the IPA being demanded. Our other income is derived at the moment from state benefits, housing benefit, DLA, Carers Allowance and Tax Credits. We have four children (three with Autism). Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated? Thanks.

Hi I've added your name to post one on the March's 2014 BR Club
    Please do as macbabypram has said and post on the main BR Board.

To post your question go to the top left hand side of BR board, opposite the page numbers and press the "New Thread" button as shown below:
    newthread.gif

And type in the Title to your thread.

Best wishes
    IF
  • mill1980
    mill1980 Posts: 58 Forumite
    sitting drumming my fingers waiting and waiting for my acceptance, just realising that I sent the forms 2nd class recorded they wouldn't got them until Monday and Friday/Monday coming are bank holidays so my 5 working days will extended until at least Wednesday next week!! oh well spending my day off moving all my payments to my Barclays account even remembered to do my child benefit to I forgot all about that haha so hopefully when BOS get details of my bankruptcy there will be nothing in the account for them to worry about not that there was ever much in it anyway. must say I am impressed with Barclays basic account there is loads of features I get for free the same as the BOS account which I paid £15 a month for the luxury of! anyway waiting and waiting.....lol
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mill1980 wrote: »
    sitting drumming my fingers waiting and waiting for my acceptance, just realising that I sent the forms 2nd class recorded they wouldn't got them until Monday and Friday/Monday coming are bank holidays so my 5 working days will extended until at least Wednesday next week!! oh well spending my day off moving all my payments to my Barclays account even remembered to do my child benefit to I forgot all about that haha so hopefully when BOS get details of my bankruptcy there will be nothing in the account for them to worry about not that there was ever much in it anyway. must say I am impressed with Barclays basic account there is loads of features I get for free the same as the BOS account which I paid £15 a month for the luxury of! anyway waiting and waiting.....lol

Fingers crossed they process your BR soon and I'm pleased Barclay's basic account is a success, roll on week today :beer:
  • IF
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :staradmin Hi Everyone and Welcome to the April’s 2014 Bankruptcy Club :staradmin

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during April 2014. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.
    Remember this is your board so keep posting :hello:

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

Best wishes
    IF

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills