PPI commission

Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this isn’t in the right part of the forum - it was the closest fit i could find.

Santander has contacted me to see if I should be claiming PPI I filled out the paperwork and sent it off, I was then informed that it was sold to me correctly and that I wasn’t entitled to a refund - fair enough.

I have since (~ 13months later) received a letter from them saying that if the commission received by the lender was more than 50% it was an unfair deal and so I am entitled to that back.

Having sent the paperwork back they have come back to me to let me know it was unfair and that I am entitled to X amount - great.

Do I just accept that this is the correct amount or may I be entitled to more? I didn’t know if there was any history of this being calculated less than it should be by banks or similar.

Hopefully that makes sense.

TIA

BOWSA

Comments

• How likely do you think it is, that they'd contact you and invite you to claim, and then try to fiddle the refund, seriously?
  • Bowsa
    Bowsa Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I suppose as likely as I was that PPI Would have been misold in the first place.... I have no experience in this area, and my understanding from the letter is that once this has been accepted it is case closed. So I’d like to ensure that I get it right the first time.

Appreciate the comment though :money:
  • Bowsa
    Bowsa Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    *i suppose as likely as it is, that they would mis sell PPI in the first place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure