PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,706
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I didn't get round to making curry. I was at the hospital a fair while this morning. I can't fault the care that they're giving me though - it's just so very time consuming.

I had a chicken sandwich for lunch and mince, root mash and spring greens out of the freezer this evening. So far so good.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 26 September 2017 at 6:22PM
    Another good day today. This is becoming a habit - the second day in a row.

Br: boiled egg and crispbread
    Lunch: large salad, ham. cottage cheese. 1 pear.

Extras ST jelly and options drink.

That should have been SF jelly of course. I have no idea who St Jelly is. Patron saint of children's parties?
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Evening all (who remembers that program?)
    Not a good day today :( All day I have fancied something but could not decide what it was! Whatever I ate just did not hit the mark soooo I am going to have a early night with my book.

Bch- Porridge and tsp of honey

L. Crispbread with sliced toms

D- Reginelle with lo roasted veg blitzed into sauce with low fat cream.

Goodnight all
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732
    Forumite
    That should have been SF jelly of course. I have no idea who St Jelly is. Patron saint of children's parties?[/QUOTE]

Or Jelly Bellies ;)
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Carmen wrote: »
    That should have been SF jelly of course. I have no idea who St Jelly is. Patron saint of children's parties?

Or Jelly Bellies ;)[/QUOTE]

Obviously mar's guardian Angel.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Not been too bad today after a slight cookie shaped hiccup yesterday.

Lunch was a couscous salad from MrT which was very nice, and for dinner I made a mushroom and pepper stroganoff with brown rice.

I have a sweet urge coming on but luckily there's a melon in the fridge so I will demolish that!

Going to do a bit more knitting then go to bed with Gayelord Hauser - not as exciting as it sounds, even if he wasn't dead he still wouldn't be interested in me :rotfl: His book is a great retro dieting read though :p
  • Terrible day to-day, eaten everything in sight, so bad I'm not even going to list it. After today's effort, I definitely know I'm a stress eater.
  • I've starting some knitting in a pale lemon colour......cannot even drink tea for fear of a stain....new weightloss strategy!

B. Fruit, yog, oats
    L. Hopefully salad from the garden with boiled eggs
    D. Either pumpkin or baked potato with cheese..?.
    Beetroot juice......but not when knitting!

I stress eat too. .....try going for a brisk walk round the block quite frequently or go up and down the stairs a few times....if ypu are okay with that. Some very deliberate deep breathing while thinking of deep forest or another favourite place can be helpful for me.
    Our youngest son has failed his exams and will leave uni with a huge debt and no qualifications. He was persuaded to go by the school despite having hated school the whole time he was there from the age of four.
    He is very miserable. He cannot move here as we have no room and he would need to come with a job in his own right....as an adult. We will continue to pay his rent where he is but it is sad that he has no family home to escape back to.....we sold it to pay for the children's universitys!
    I hope he finds something to do quickly.....
    So, yes, stress is back in my life.....straight after the holiday!!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748
    Forumite
    edited 27 September 2017 at 6:57AM
    Knitwich said:
    No problem! How do you aim to lose in the 12 weeks?

I'm not hoping to lose it all. That would be setting myself up to fail but I'm hoping to lose 7lbs over the 12 weeks - I can always hope:)
    I'll stick to calorie counting because it's worked well for me in the past. I had a heart attack two years ago and lost 3stone 9lbs but I'm an emotional eater and I've really struggled since January to stick to the heart healthy diet (family stress not health related) and I'm only just in the right place to persevere again.
    So it's very low fat, and no sugar and 1400 allowed calories a day but I'll try to stick to 1200 whenever possible.
    Good day yesterday, need to do some menu planning today and make a vat of cauliflour soup for lunch :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,706
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cappella wrote: »
    Good day yesterday, need to do some menu planning today and make a vat of cauliflour soup for lunch :)

Well done on your good day. I eat when stressed too....Do you have a recipe for the cauliflower soup that you'd be willing to share please? My brother in law made it once and it was lovely but I can't ask him - we don't have any contact with my late husband's family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure