£170000 in 10 years

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you eating the elephant for your encouragement .I hope i can carry on at the same pace.
  • try_harder
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone its a beautiful day here today just hung all the washing out on the line which for some strange reason makes me feel very happy.Today i have made another £242.30 weekly overpayment towards my mortgage i have really struggled this week to get to target and have failed so this weeks overpayment had to come from a several sources my oh extra money ebay sales etc but mostly from my savings i have several plans in place and luckily one is saving so the difference has to come from there unfortunately i dont want to do that too often though so i have to think of other ideas i dont work so i am thinking maybe a few hours a week i am not very fit though so im not sure how i will get on with that but it would bring in the extra money im missing have to put my thinking cap on .
  • try_harder
    Forumite
    Well i shall be looking forward to june and hoping that it will be a better month for me ,may has been a struggle and didnt meet my target this week for my mortgage overpayment hit my savings target for the month though so im very pleased about that net month must try harder!!
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Don't be too hard on yourself, you have hit your savings target and you said that you have never saved before - so that is real progress. It does take a while to get into budgeting, but you will get in to it and your Eb@y sales have been awesome. Just keep chipping away at it and maybe set yourself some mini targets, rather than aiming at something so big and 10 years in the future.
  • try_harder
    Forumite
    Ah very wise words busyme1 you are so right it is always better to look at the bigger picture .tThank you so much for your encouragement i have written out several smaller aims too as you say it is better to break it down and then you can see how well you are doing .You are doing amazingly well too well done .Lets hope june will be a great month for us all.Thank you
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Well done on keeping on going on OH. Every penny you transfer across will mean a smaller mortgage debt. That's a great achievement, even if sometimes it's a smaller OP than you'd ideally like .

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You've mad a great start and in less than 1 week the obsession/addiction has begun! Don't think too far ahead, I have a dream ending, a realistic ending and then targets over 1 and 2 yrs which I focus on more intently.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • try_harder
    Forumite
    Good evening everyone ,thank you very much brizzledfw for your encouragement ,love the declutter target i am going to add that to my lists ,maybe one item out per day either bin or cs or ebax thats a great idea my house is full to the brim.Thank you shangaijimmy yes i have become very addicted thats for sure i cant believe i am accomplishing so much i cant help thinking how well i could have done ha i started years ago .I have written out a 10 year plan and as you say a 1 and 2 year plan too,i am trying to find out how to do spreadsheets online if anyone can help me please.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Hi Try Harder, I have downloaded ISpreadsheet onto my IPad. You can create some simple spreadsheets using that, but you do need some basic Excel knowledge. There are basic excel tutorials on the Internet.
  • try_harder
    Forumite
    Thank you for that busymee1 i will take a look at those but may have to wait for one of my children to set it up for me they know what they are doing far better than me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure