Quidco con do not use them.

metrobus
metrobus Posts: 1,784 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 21 March 2018 at 7:47AM in Praise, vent & warnings
I received an email from quidco promising 5% cashback from EBay purchases up to total cashback of £50.

I logged on to quidco and went through it’s link to Ebay and purchased a product for £200.

Expecting £10 cashback I have just found out it’s 40p being tracked so went to make a wrong amountt claim but the quidco site for some reason says no claim can be made if the ebay app was used. I did not use the app it was them that directed me to it and anyway why can a claim be made if you used ebay but not the ebay app its exactly the same company.

It’s a total con with quidco pocketing our cashback that ebay pay them supposedly for us.

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Did you use the app or not? If you have the app on your phone and use an eBay link it can open the app rather than the browser, so it!!!8217;s your phone doing it not Quidco
  • metrobus wrote: »
    and anyway why can a claim be made if you used ebay but not the ebay app its exactly the same company.

because thats what the T&Cs (that you agreed to) say.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have received over £1,200 in cashback since joining that I wouldn't have had otherwise so I will carry on using them if that's okay with you? :rotfl:
  • Enfieldian wrote: »
    I have received over £1,200 in cashback since joining that I wouldn't have had otherwise so I will carry on using them if that's okay with you? :rotfl:

+1 My account says I've earned £1638.24...not a single genuine claim has ever been declined.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Did you read the 'things that will stop you getting cashback' bit before clicking through?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • metrobus
    metrobus Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 March 2018 at 3:49PM
    It did not say I will not get cashback going through the app and in fact I have got cashback tracked for the transaction albeit the wrong amount.

The problem is that you can not raise a wrong amount claim if any transaction goes through the eBay app and Quidco are then pocketing
    98% of the cashback and paying pennies

The exact app Quidco directs you to when you follow the link.

I have earned £1000s from Quidco but will turn to their competitors in the future.

So many people commenting who obviously know jack about the set up,pretty sad lives you must lead.

Great sharbo. That's not what the t&c's said

Ames . It did not say using the app would stop people getting cash back.

You are obviously a pair of saddos posting about something you know jack about.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 March 2018 at 4:22PM
    metrobus wrote: »
    It did not say I will not get cashback going through the app and in fact I have got cashback tracked for the transaction albeit the wrong amount.

The problem is that you can not raise a wrong amount claim if any transaction goes through the eBay app and Quidco are then pocketing

I have earned £1000s from Quidco but will turn to their competitors in the future.

So many people commenting who obviously know jack about the set up,pretty sad lives you must lead.

Nice flounce there chap!

Looks like you missed this vitally important line:
    Cashback claims cannot be raised for app to app bookings
  • metrobus wrote: »

Well it says it now so unfortunately unless you've got proof of the terms you agreed to I think you'll struggle.

I'm just a saddo though who knows jack so maybe I'm wrong.
  • Autumnella
    Autumnella Posts: 605 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Quidco did not direct you to the app! You will have the app set up as the default way to use Ebay so when you have clicked on it on Quidco it has redirected you to the app rather than the browser. This has already been explained above, which you haven't paid attention to so probably didn't bother paying attention to where it says this on Quidco.

Quidco may not be paid for the referral or paid less because YOU used the app and/or the purchase will be more difficult to track. This is why you will not be paid the full amount, if at all.

Stop insulting people and kicking off because you messed up!
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had the same issue and got it resolved, but as you’ve been so rude to other members you can suck it.

Enjoy your 40p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport