IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN ticket

Hi. I'm new to the site so any advise would be appreciated.
I received a PCN whilst in a health centre car park delivering to the pharmacy which is inside the health centre because i was not in a parking bay. There are no loading bays in the car park or yellow lines, just parking bays which are to narrow for me to unload my van safely. I got PCN back in December 2017 and appealed it straight the way, which I now no was the wrong thing to do. The appeal came back and said I still need to pay the fine. I have a couple of days left to pay it or they say they will take matters further.
Should I pay or wait to see if I get taken to court.
Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    NO-ONE PAYS THESE.

You haven't said which PPC?

You haven't said what happened when you complained to the Health Centre Manager? As you would!

You don't appear to have read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    which parking company was it ?

was it a windscreen ticket ?

did they send a Notice To Keeper within 56 days of the incident ?

how long was the van parked for ?

and read that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread you missed at the top of this forum too

also complain to the Health Centre and tell them to get the pcn cancelled
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    As you are new to the site, then you know the first thing to do is read the Forum Stickies - which will inform you properly and answer your basic quections completely.
  • Cm services ltd was the company who own the car park.
    My van was parked for about 10-15 mins whilst I was making my delivery.
    Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You haven't said what happened when you complained to the Health Centre Manager? As you would!

You don't appear to have read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'.

As above, please do read the top thread for newbies* and you will know what's what, if your complaint to the Health Centre Manager doesn't work, which obviously it should, as you were delivering to the pharmacy on site.

*no link provided, where to click back is in my signature under every post I make...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Cm services ltd was the company who own the car park.

I do not believe that statement for one second

yes they are the Parking Company

but as it is a health centre I do not believe the parking company are the landowner, they rarely are , especially not when its a health centre
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure