PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    plus 1 lb for me knitwitch...these lbs keep finding me xx
    onwards and upwards
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh dear Z. I do hope a way is found to get you well.

St Nicholas visited today and I ate chocolate. DH is being made redundant so another international move is likely...nice of them to do it when he's burying his father-not!

No access to scales...not feeling slim :(

Grand baby delightful and very loud.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    zafiro/tiredtrophy - thinking of you both and wish I could give you both a big real life hug.

mallygirl - I almost live in skinny jeans and they are a very unforgiving garment if you put weight on, so much better at keeping you on the straight and narrow than elasticated waists.

I don't have much weight to lose really, I wear anything from a size 12 to a 16 depending on how I like it to fit but I just have about 14-20 lbs that I would like to shift, I do build muscle super quick which I think accounts for some of the reason I am surprisingly heavy plus I am tall.

I like this thread and that we all have different amounts of weight to deal with but no one is judging just supportive.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,564
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    I am 5'10" so it is easy to add half a stone without it being obvious. This is not a good thing and is the reason I use the scales as well as my own judgement. I have size 9 feet so skinny jeans would not be a good look but I have graduated from bootcut to straight as the weight has reduced.
    I am pear shaped and that doesn't change whatever happens on the scales. Running was helping with the wobbly bits but I was injured for 9 months out of the last 12 so it is not something I can rely on.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,564
    Senior Ambassador

St Nicholas visited today and I ate chocolate. DH is being made redundant so another international move is likely...nice of them to do it when he's burying his father-not!

Some organisations just have no heart - so sorry TT.

My DH was made redundant the week before Christmas a few years ago - in the end it was the best thing that could have happened but that is with hindsight and the first year was pretty stressful. He now earns considerably less but is much happier and likely to survive into retirement (which was not looking likely with the stress and travel schedule he had before).
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Bernie the Bolt!

That brought back memories! I always thought when I was a kid that we'd never be able to go on 'The Golden Shot' as the tv was in the lounge in the corner and the landline phone was out in the hall on its own special telephone table. We wouldn't have been able to see the tv when on the phone- lost opportunity there!

Anyway, the batteries have gone in the scales, so I'll have to do my weigh in later.

Happy Friday everyone x
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445
    Forumite

So sorry to hear that TT
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445
    Forumite
    I just had to share this. Got weighed this morning BMI 29.9 so I'm officially in the overweight range not the obese range. The last time I was here was in the 80's - I'm happy :j :j
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    I just had to share this. Got weighed this morning BMI 29.9 so I'm officially in the overweight range not the obese range. The last time I was here was in the 80's - I'm happy :j :j

Well done. :j
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    well done z looking good
    sorry to hear about redundancy tt hope it works out

just popped on to say hope everyone is warm in the snow...take care xxx
    onwards and upwards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts