Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Comments

• Enjoy the holiday, what a fantastic bargain!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,893
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Useless effing builders not here again :mad:

I've been the creator of my own stressful situation this week by booking a cruise in a few days whilst having a dh missing in action (trying to everything done at work before we can go)

Brother moving house this week- needing help cleaning and unpacking, , I've been there about six hours today

A house that's filthy from building work

A lack of suitable holiday clothes

A pile of ironing about 5ft 7

Nothing for dinner

No cruise parking/insurance etc. Booked and no idea of luggage allowances

Nothing even cleaned or ironed for the kids to take to mums

Flooring not chosen and bought for bedroom

Finances not looked at in a while :eek:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    newgirly wrote: »

As for the financial impact, I think it will add a month on the term.....
    And it just might add a few years to your lives!!!!! Well done :T:T:T.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296
    Forumite
    edited 25 June 2017 at 1:44PM
    newgirly wrote: »
    Useless effing builders not here again :mad:

I've been the creator of my own stressful situation this week by booking a cruise in a few days whilst having a dh missing in action (trying to everything done at work before we can go)

Brother moving house this week- needing help cleaning and unpacking, , I've been there about six hours today

A house that's filthy from building work

A lack of suitable holiday clothes

A pile of ironing about 5ft 7

Nothing for dinner

No cruise parking/insurance etc. Booked and no idea of luggage allowances

Nothing even cleaned or ironed for the kids to take to mums

Flooring not chosen and bought for bedroom

Finances not looked at in a while :eek:

Who cares? not you . . . You are going on holiday :j :cool:

Have a lovely time, well deserved, the last minute booked ones are the best :)

ps Just remembered, I booked a holiday while at work one afternoon, got away 30 mins early that day, got home, packed and was at the airport - all within 1 hour:eek: Collapsed on seat in plane, and ordered a drink, little did I know (the little bottle contained a double :o- and I don't normally drink). :rotfl:
    Not sure if I even brushed my hair until I got on flight :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    NG, your kids are old enough to sort their own washing out (and who needs ironing!). Do what you absolutely need to do to get you and DH out of there and the rest can wait! Have a fab time!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    Forumite
    Thanks guys, don't think I can get organised in an hour a frayed knot :eek:

I'm getting there slowly, unlike my useless invisible builder :mad: he's done about 3 hours since last Friday when I had a strong conversation with him , where he promised to work the whole weekend! It's a fine line between him taking the p and him walking off the job and leaving us with no builders until we can get a new one.

Poor Dd and her boyfriend, his car broke down miles away in Luton on the way back from the funeral place yesterday, they have had it towed back to our house. It's awkward as the only car I can borrow from my dad is being fixed too at the moment, so if he needs to borrow ours for he week he will have to take us to Gatwick. Hopefully will find out soon how long his will take to fix.

My to do list is going to take some time today!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    amazing, cruise sounds heavenly .. have a wonderful time x
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    Forumite
    Stress at sky high levels! The funeral has been booked for Tuesday -while we are away, apparently her partner wants it all over with asap, he has also gone for an open casket :eek: not really sure how that's an option, plus he wants Dd to film the service, yes that is not a joke.......

Anyway, we are doing the order of service for them at work and I've ordered some flowers. We can't really do much else really.

House a tip, packing not finished, I'm worrying about plane crashes and thinking about that film alive, although I'm pretty sure we don't fly over the Andes to get to Malta :rotfl:

Dh has kindly arranged for us to go for a work do the day after we get back (if Dd is not free) and said yes to a last minute wedding invite the day after that. It's not like we will be busy or anything having been away a week, have a house upside down, kids we have not seen etc. :(

I've had my hair highlighted again today, its now properly blonde and cut into a much shorter scruffy long bob aka "old lady hair style" according to my youngest , who it should be noted gave himself pink highlights today, so is in no position to judge.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds like a much needed break for you both, hope you manage to switch off whilst you are away.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    Forumite
    It'll all be worth it NG - have an amazing time.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback