Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• I booked my flight, hotel and car hire through Expedia. I believe I can claim EU261 compensation for my flight delay through mechanical breakdown of the aircraft
    but Expedia have said as it was a budget airline (Easyjet) I must deal direct with them. Easyjet's online claim form asks if I made the booking myself (technically 'no' as Expedia made the booking) but when I click 'no' it says the person making the booking must claim. I don't want to mess this up. Any advice?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Skipraider - before you go any further read Vauban's Guide (Google if necessary) ... after reading you will see your claim is against EasyJet.
  • Jacksper1
    Jacksper1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi I had a delayed flight almost a year ago and am trying to find the exact times can anyone who has the subscription please search for me or does anyone have a link to a free search site. As it's only 1 flight in question I don't really want to take out the subscription with flightstats.
    Many thanks.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    you can try testing the flight number and date through a couple of the NWNF sites - EUClaim, bottonline....they will tell you if compensation should be due
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jacksper1 wrote: »
    Hi I had a delayed flight almost a year ago and am trying to find the exact times can anyone who has the subscription please search for me or does anyone have a link to a free search site. As it's only 1 flight in question I don't really want to take out the subscription with flightstats.
    Many thanks.

Post your flight details and we can take a look.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Jacksper1
    Great thanks...the flight was from lax to man on the 1st August 2016 flight number mt285.
    Thanks
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That is Thomas Cook Airlines I believe but nothing appears on the system. Was 1st August the day the flight should have operated or the day it actually flew? I have checked 31st July but the flight number doesn't appear on that day either!
  • Jacksper1
    Hi thanks for checking yes it was a Thomas Cook Flight we flew on the 1st August but I guess would have been the 2nd in uk time. Would it only show up if the delay was over the 3 hours..?
  • leylandsunaddict
    leylandsunaddict Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Jacksper1 wrote: »
    Great thanks...the flight was from lax to man on the 1st August 2016 flight number mt285.
    Thanks

Are you sure that flight number is correct?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No, it must be MT825.

Dep LAX 2/8/16 @ 2.19 UTC.
    Arr MAN 2/8/16 @ 11.55 UTC.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback