PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

At the suggestion of our very sensible friend Lyn (and since the gremlins have been at work deleting threads on the Old Style forum) I've started a shiny fresh new "T" word thread. Hopefully starting again will avoid us vanishing overnight (although if I could reappear as a a more streamlined version I'd consider vanishing overnight!)

The old thread is here
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3751615.

Welcome all to round two......
NO FARMS = NO FOOD

Comments

• Yippee, shiny new thread! many thanks SM I'd have hated to lose you all, this is 'home' and makes me smile!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    here's a clickable link for your first post if it's helpful . You just copy and paste it

i've also closed the old one

Zip

Old thread
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thank you SM for the new thread I hope you got your sun . Still much too hot here . I'm hoping the promised thunder and lightning and heavy rain will appear later .
    I'm about to harvest all the Lavender that's just right for cutting and is nice and warm and dry so should last well .
    Considering the weather everything has grown in abundance . The herbs have loved the heat so I've been picking to allow more flushes .
    My flat leaf parsley has pretty well become a perennial and goes on and on through the seasons with even pickings for winter .
    Hope all have a good day .
    Sending the tech vibes to Candlelight hope to see you back soon xx
    Much love
    polly.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Oh my goodness, all heck has broken loose! I'm here though and in awe of all the links I see from zippy everywhere.

Just popping in to tell you that I have my allotment now. I'm like a pig in muck so much so I can't sleep for the excitement!

I need to up my game in terms of organisation but being busy is what keeps me happy in body and mind. I must do better talking to you all though.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    :j:j:j:j Go Fuddle - so much planning to do for your new allotment. Your brain must be in complete overdrive. You can now start preparing for the chickens too! I don't know if you can find allotment pictures on Houzz - I really should delete that app, it gives me far too many ideas any time I view it!

I have exciting news today - I finally have a shiny red ripe tomato:D the start of many more I hope as I have lots of shiny green ones on the plants which have taken forever to ripen (may well be the distinct lack of sunshine up here). It's just a little thing but I am delighted. I'm such an impatient gardener!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congrats on your tomato scottishminnie :D May it be followed by many more!

fuddle So excited for you! Enjoy!
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2017 at 9:23PM
    I picked the last of the blackcurrants today. The starlings had set about them with great gusto however I managed a single pot of jam from the remains. That takes this years total to 4 pots - not a huge amount but supplemented with 4 pots of apricot (yellow stickered at Mr A for 25p per pack) and a jar of strawberry and red currant it will see us through winter. I was thinking of making some lime or orange curd - have never made it before however I have a good friend who makes lemon curd and the home made version is delicious. We usually trade - I give her pickled beetroot and she gives me lemon curd in exchange. Works well for both of us :)

I'm taking a break from my mending to post - two hems down, hubby has torn the knee out of a pair of jeans and burnt a hole in a sweater. He was doing a little bit of welding and didn't think he needed overalls - hmmm. At least he has finally given in to my pleading and wears the mask thing now.

Anyway, best get back to to the stitching. Enjoy the last of the weekend all.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    How are things going with everyone?? I'm having a very rotten day.

Love to all.

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Oh zippy sending you a big hug . I'm afraid some of us have been rather occupied over on the Garden Fence trying to rein in a certain wee wummin up a hill in Scotland if you need a laugh go and have a read . There is some sadness there too so depending on how you feel it may help or not .
    Take care.
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Poor Zippy, hope things cheer up for you very quickly pet, I've been into town and done a little shopping and am on my own now until tomorrow lunchtime as He Who Knows has gone to collect Nell and bring her home so she can go off to Norway on Friday to kayak the Fijords with a bunch of friends. Not much planned this afternoon as yesterday was very productive and most things that needed doing were done. Going to make tea and read my book which will be utter bliss! Sending Zippy a hug and lots of happy thoughts xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure