Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• greggules wrote: »
    Anyone received these yet from Solarplicity?

The inticing offer of free LED bulbs was on the website , encouraging consumers to transfer thier electricity accounts to them.

After one phone call and one email I am still waiting,,,,,

I switched to Solarplicity from Scottish Power back in July. One of the main reasons I switched to Solarplicity was because when I called about the free LED promotion, they offered to send someone round to replace all the free LED bulbs in my house (32 bulbs in total), with there being no upper limit.

Two months later, I find out that they'll only supply me with 10 free LED bulbs and I must fit them myself. There's nothing in the T+C's that I signed up that suggests this limit and this is not what was verbally agreed with me.

Another gripe I have with Solarplicity is that I supplied them with meter readings online on the day of my switch, exactly as they asked me to but yet have used estimated start readings which they are refusing to adjust, putting me out of pocket as I was on a much cheaper tariff before.

If you haven't already, I'd leave them a review on TrustPilot, to avoid others making the mistake of switching to these cowboys. The last thing they need is additional customers to make matters worse.
  • Switch last month, no problems what so ever, no problems communicating with them, very pleased with the company.
  • I used Cheap Energy Club to switch in March, both gas and electricity. Complete disaster! I heard nothing from them for over a month and discovered when I checked my npower account that my electricity supply had been switched but not my gas. It took days to speak to someone, having sent emails and left messages on their phone. They told me they couldn't switch my gas, which is not correct, I sent them a reading for my electricity but, as they had failed to inform me of the switchover date, I could not give them a reading for that date, which caused problems with my previous supplier. They mixed my account up with someone else's, they send me bills on estimated consumption, despite me sending them readings every month, they don't respond to emails, they took 2 DDs in one month but denied it and have not refunded me the wrongly taken one (my bank has), trying to phone is a nightmare, I could go on. I have not received my CEC switchover premium of £30 or £15 as, as far as CEC is concerned, the switchover has not happened. It has completely turned me off switching. :(
  • Sorry about your experience but I have none of that, I have spoken to them with the online chat instantly and they answered the question I had for them, it's been the same with emails, not tried to reach them by phone yet though.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm planning to switch to them, its just the electricity meter for my garden shed so how bad an it be? And for a small amount of electricity no standing charge makes it the cheapest.

On the other hand

Online chat I asked if they support my smartmeter model for automatic readings, they say they "are developing smartmeter infrastructure" but can't say yes or no...

Asking about the free lightbulbs, yes there is an offer but its based on consumption and they can't say how or give any indication how many bulbs you qualify for or even if any.

You have to choose your existing provider from a list to get a quote and order but my provider is not on the list so they say just to lie and it will work out...

So all in all they don't seem at all with it. But on the other hand just one electricity meter, how badly wrong can it go?...
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Moved to Solarplicity about a month ago.
    All went well.
    However I have sent them 4 emails about various things over the last few weeks & not received one reply !!
    Phone is answered pretty quickly though.
    Got an email from them asking me to go online & order my free LED bulbs.
    Selected 'large house' & was able to order 30 LED bulbs.
    Large delivery arrived after about a week with the LED bulbs that I had ordered.
    Old label on the box showed LEDHut as Solarplicity's supplier of these bulbs.
    Checked the prices on LEDHut's website & it looks like I have been supplied with £141.00 of LED bulbs.............
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Well done firefox. Nice to hear you did well out of bulbs.

It looks like they may have changed all their tarrifs to my disadvantage today anyway, ah well.

I got stuck trying because they don't let you specify a start date and I was not sure how to match it with my existing 12 month contract that ends in november.

Ah well.
  • Tawny_Owl_2
    Tawny_Owl_2 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2017 at 4:08PM
    I switched to them (on a 1yr fixed price deal) at the beginning of August from nPower.
    Told them my Opening Readings 3 TIMES, by email & website.

Fast Forward 2 months, and I've received my final nPower bill, which contained ESTIMATED readings.

Turns out Solarplicity passed on Estimated readings, not the readings I told them. How can a final bill be estimated ? !!!!!! ??? :mad:

They still haven't got my online electricity account open.... I'm told it's been passed on to their "data management team".

So basically Solarplicity are ignoring everything I tell them.

I want to switch again away from this shower, but it will mean a £70 fee for early exit (£35 X 2 for dual fuel). The thought of 10 months more of this incompetence until the end of the contract is horrifying. I've also discovered that they're not signed up to the Energy Switch Guarantee scheme.

I may be able to recover this fee if I find a cheaper supplier, and I have tried to haggle with some potential suppliers to see if they would pay this fee to entice me as a new customer, but so far without success. :(

In the meantime, I've complained to Solarplicity and warned them I'm considering switching again - and asked if they would waive the £70 fee for poor service. They Said YES !

BYE BYE SOLARPLICITY
  • Your experience mirrors mine, except in one fact, I was never made aware that Solarplicity was not part of the Energy Switch Guarantee Scheme. Estimates of my start readings, (though like, you, they had true ones submitted several times) have caused horrendous problems. They eventually admitted poor service and automatically placed a £30 good will payment in my account.

I have given Solarplicity a poor Trust Pilot Review....if it could have been zero, that's what they would have been awarded. How could a company operating in the manner they do, be allowed to serve energy customers? I rejected an offer of £70, which the company made in order to avoid an escalation to an Ombudsman's investigation. This company's business operation needs to be keenly scrutinised. An investigation into my complaints is now in train with the Energy Ombudsman.

I cannot recommend signing up with Solarplicity for any service, and especially a key service like energy supply.
  • Christel sorry to hear about your experiences with this dreadful company. See my comment, below that of Tawny_Owl, of today, 11th December. Hope it will help you. I too, have been tearing my hair out with the shambles they have been operating. After five and a half months of Solarplicity's incompetence, I was left with no choice but to take action.

Best wishes
    Lucaz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family