Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• Hi all ... does anyone know for certain if you HAVE to have a smart meter installed to qualify for eversmart's tariffs? It would go a long way to explain their super-cheap 'no standing charge' Special tariff, a real sweetener to encourage people who might not ordinarily agree to a smart meter (which I definitely won't)!
  • d12345
    d12345 Posts: 56 Forumite
    be aware that Santander 123 account does not currently pay cashback on Eversmart Energy.
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have read this thread. The tarifs do show up now. I just signed up via their website and this was quick and easy. I received a populated welcome pack by email within a short space of time and a date two weeks hence for the swap, which is a little sooner than I would have chosen as I am on the MSE collective that runs until early October.
  • Following my previous email, I can't say too much about this company as the communication from them has so far been non-existent. Besides receiving the welcome pack, I had to ask them if the actual switch had taken place because I had heard nothing. It had, but I expected to receive some kind of email at least on this.

I did find out the following again on request. It is not compulsory to have a smart meter but even if you want one, you will need to wait at least 3 months as they have not recruited the engineers yet to install them. Their online account system is not yet working. This was due to be up and running 3 weeks from my switch. That was on the 20th August, again, I've yet to hear anything.

If truth be told, I am annoyed with myself that I didn't heed that warning question mark in my head (about an unknown supplier) and go with an MSE top pick even if slightly more costly than this. However, I did sign up when their Fixed Smart Special tariff was on sale without a standing charge for Electricity (Gas remains the same as current costs) so I will give them a bit longer to get it sorted. If I still have issues, I may switch again.
  • I signed up on Sunday through the website and had my welcome pack and details about my Direct debit within an hour, it shows all the costs accurately and on Tuesday had an email from British Gas saying sorry I was leaving so all seems to be in hand, I did call them as I have solar panels and until recently we could not have smart meters but British gas called a few weeks ago saying they were now available and came and fitted them a couple of weeks ago but apparently they will need to be changed again this does seem to be a waste of money and I hope that they don't just get thrown away.
  • Peteyboy wrote: »
    I signed up on Sunday through the website and had my welcome pack and details about my Direct debit within an hour, it shows all the costs accurately and on Tuesday had an email from British Gas saying sorry I was leaving so all seems to be in hand, I did call them as I have solar panels and until recently we could not have smart meters but British gas called a few weeks ago saying they were now available and came and fitted them a couple of weeks ago but apparently they will need to be changed again this does seem to be a waste of money and I hope that they don't just get thrown away.

Unfortunately, yes, you will need new smart meters as they are not yet setup to connect to the central service the government "plans" to have ready by 2020. So the only smart meters that will work are the ones issued by the company you purchase your electricity and gas through.
    My BG meters stopped working a few days ago. You can't even obtain a meter reading through them, let alone get details of your usage or tariff spend.
  • If your old meters have stopped working and you cant get any readings how are they going to know what you have used? I was told that they carried on working but just don't send the info to British Gas anymore
  • @mywifenow - I emailed to check and was been told you don't have to have a smart meter if you don't want one (I don't until there is a standard)
  • OVO Energy website said "If you're switching to OVO and you have a smart meter, it will only keep its functionality if you’re switching from providers that use Secure smart meters like ours"."However, even if you are switching from one of those energy companies, we still may not be able to communicate with their Secure smart meters. It will depend on the setup of the meters at the time you switch".
    I rang and spoke to OVO and explained I had a Smart Meter installed by BG last month and would it be compatible with OVO. I was told these are the "most technologically up to date meters" which OVO is unable to access at the moment but would be able to in the very near future (months). In the meantime, if I switched, I could sumit readings myself OR opt for one of their meters (which is technically a downgrade).
  • Eversmart do not seem to be in the comparison list anymore. I logged back into CEC and it's disappeared.:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure