health and safety issue?

Comments

• martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    worried123 wrote: »
    However, i never said that i `think` i work for them. my employment status was never an issue - i `do` work for them....i am glad that i dont work for `sangie` thats for sure. i would like to think that i did understand forces reply - i have just looked at other threads - unfair dismissal as one and think i got off lightly with sangie....good grief!!! who is she?

I think you'll find your employment status IS an issue.

Sounds like you are a worker, after each assignment ends you dont work for them anymore.

If you kick up a fuss, they can just stop giving you work.
  • I think you'll find your employment status IS an issue.

Sounds like you are a worker, after each assignment ends you dont work for them anymore.

If you kick up a fuss, they can just stop giving you work.

And there lies the crux, you are a worker and as said, they don't have to give work

Also depends on who your area co ordinator is as to what work you do get given. When I started I was given the extremely rural areas where there was no chance of 18 interviews so I was working for less then nmw so I stopped accepting work till the area manager got involved and started sharing the work out evenly. They can't keep interviewers The six I trained with only I went on to do more then the first job

It's not good money anymore. It's only that I do high mileage and hours travelling that I even break even now
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    This is a classic example of the OP not getting a nice, flowery response with exactly what he or she wanted to hear, so throwing a strop.

I don't understand, why ask for advice and then ignore the advice given
  • worried123
    worried123 Posts: 519
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have accepted advice from somebody on here...so that isnt ignored is it......somebody has given practical constructive advice......the issue seems to have turned into my employment status and that is what it is and i cannot alter that.
  • Guest101
    I have accepted advice from somebody on here...so that isnt ignored is it......somebody has given practical constructive advice......the issue seems to have turned into my employment status and that is what it is and i cannot alter that.

It's changed to that because your employment status is in question, which will affect the advice you should follow.

For example - if you could be let go for complaining, wouldn't you rather know??
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2017 at 12:08PM
    Guest101 wrote: »
    It's changed to that because your employment status is in question, which will affect the advice you should follow.

For example - if you could be let go for complaining, wouldn't you rather know??
    Clearly not. I am fed up to the back teeth of people who hurl insults at people because the don't like the advice. A board on which your are only told what you want to hear is pointless. But do be careful because if you tell people that they can be sacked they'll accuse you of being an employer and direct personal abuse at you. Much better to let people just get sacked without any warning.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 July 2017 at 12:18PM

Your employment status is crucial to this whole discussion.

Now if may be that you are correct but a very significant number of people do not understand the difference between an employee and a worker.

The person you are complaining about has vast experience of employment matters. You may not like their style but that does not necessarily mean they are wrong.

Equally, somebody saying what you want to hear isn't necessarily right!
  • Guest101
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Clearly not. I am fed up to the back teeth of people who hurl insults at people because the don't like the advice. A board on which your are only told what you want to hear is pointless. But do be careful because if you tell people that they can be sacked they'll accuse you of being an employer and direct personal advise at you. Much better to let people just get sacked without any warning.
    Indeed, I've posted here a few times and received excellent advice.

Sometime I think people expect to get a bow and cherry on top; free and accurate advice which could save hundreds or thousands of pounds and people complain....
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Indeed, I've posted here a few times and received excellent advice.

Sometime I think people expect to get a bow and cherry on top; free and accurate advice which could save hundreds or thousands of pounds and people complain....
    Yes. It's perhaps regrettable that I don't have the time to write 17 paragraphs of sympathetic drivel to dress up the bad news that people don't have the rights they insist that they have. But I'm very busy working for the people who have paid for their advice. As observed by ForceAwakens. It was immediately obvious that regardless of the OPs assertion to the contrary, the more they disclosed about their employment, the more obvious it became that they are a worker, and the agreement they sign is not a contract of employment (regardless of what it may say on the top).
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No one slates you for asking a question but sadly the questioner often doesn't like the answer. The law of averages would indicate that if a thread is long enough, the answer that the OP wants to hear will eventually appear. Take heed of all answers and be grateful that a stranger has spared you the time of day.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family