Card that blocks online gambling transactions

Options
Hi there,

Well this is my first post and perhaps a sign that I am willing to try and sort my life out by admitting my problems and seeking help from others.

I am a long term compulsive gambler and have been through multiple cycles of heavy debt, repayment and quickly back to debt again.

Over the past months I have got myself into a big hole again and my partner has found out. She is a wonderful woman and has agreed to help me by taking control of all my wages and issuing me a monthly living allowance (travel, going out etc).

We are looking at pre-paid cards to transfer the living allowance to. Can anyone recommend one that blocks online gambling transactions please? Ideally this would be Visa / Mastercard as high street acceptance is high, the alternative is using an American Express card which is blocked as an American payments company, but it is credit which I want to avoid.

Thank you in advance,

Chuggers

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can't help with the card but well done for facing up to the problem.

Make sure you close all your gambling accounts. Totally it can be done online.

Also K9 I'd recommend it's free and as long as you get someone you trust to set up the password it works well. Obviously if you set the password yourself you can just over ride it.

Are you going to speak to GA?
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure