Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• mcmullank
    mcmullank Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if the Woldlink prices were posted for December. However, January pricing is 33.9ppl
  • The_Hornet
    Options
    My concern now Hornet is that Countrywide will deliver to me on Monday at 42ppl and you're on 33ppl.
    I'm feeling browned off !

That's how the LPG market works. :mad: Everyone is on a different price for the same product depending on how much you are prepared to negotiate.

I was also told my price would increase to around that level towards the end of last year but fortunately I had enough gas to last me past the end of my contract date so I was able to negotiate hard when signing up to a new 2yr contract.
  • mcmullank
    Options
    The_Hornet wrote: »
    That's how the LPG market works. :mad: Everyone is on a different price for the same product depending on how much you are prepared to negotiate.

I was also told my price would increase to around that level towards the end of last year but fortunately I had enough gas to last me past the end of my contract date so I was able to negotiate hard when signing up to a new 2yr contract.

You just know that there are vulnerable people that will be paying 70ppl or similar pricing. The off-grid market is a license to print money. It always amuses me when you see all the action taken by consumer groups, OFGEM etc, about issues that LPG customers would happily accept within a regulated market but are apparently anti-consumer.
  • longforgotten
    Options
    I asked Countrywide recently if they had anything to do with Flogas. The reply was something like ' people keep asking this but we have no connections with them '.

So from the end of March 2018 a picture paints a thousand words ...... or in this case one word and that's Flogas

https://www.dcc.ie/our-business
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I asked Countrywide recently if they had anything to do with Flogas. The reply was something like ' people keep asking this but we have no connections with them '.

So from the end of March 2018 a picture paints a thousand words ...... or in this case one word and that's Flogas

https://www.dcc.ie/our-business
    DCC have owned Flogas since the mid 90s.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/dcc-continues-buying-flogas-bringing-stake-to-over-74-1.32121

And, yep, they announced a week or so ago they're buying Countrywide's LPG business.
    https://markets.ft.com/data/announce/detail?dockey=1323-13492325-112QCBD8JJTCBUT0LT5MU9KDAG

So if they continue to say "no", they'll be fibbing. But if they answered it before the announcement on the 11th, they were being honest. In fact, if they'd given any other answer in the run-up, they'd have been breaking the law by giving insider-trading information.
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2018 at 12:28AM
    Options
    DAVID.T2 wrote: »
    Following on from LittleVermins request for more info re suppliers, Carver Gases appear to have gone back to normal rental charges for their tanks.

Thanks to DAVID.T2 for info. I also talked to Carvers and Dave Evans of Carvers also emailed. They reverted to 'normal' rental charges about 2 years ago - so £60 surface and £75 underground. There is no longer a price on their website
    but typical price at present is around 40ppl.

Stuart Green, the general manager at Listers for around 20 years, has joined Carvers. Forum users who got their LPG from Listers have made positive comments about Listers' good service and honest approach. Listers got swallowed by Avantigas, and its ANSI Tracker, which HateLPG used for the graphs, is no more. Maybe Carvers will offer a similar product? Also it is timely to remind readers of Hate's advice that if you sign up with an independent you agree on the inclusion of a clause that if the indie is ever taken over the contract becomes void.

Apologies for the out-of-date info in my earlier post (#3017): I've edited it.
  • LittleVermin
    Options
    Guide to the Orders made after the domestic bulk liquefied
    petroleum gas (LPG) market investigation
    .... this answers many questions posted on this forum....and its 17 pages also helps if you are troubled by insomnia. Maybe "Enjoy!" is not appropriate....
  • Bublinstu
    Bublinstu Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 January 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    For Information;

Just had a flyer from Extra Gas (Eccles, Manchester). Their currently offering £0.33ppl Fixed for 12 months with a 3.5p cap in any 6mth period. + £100 credit if you switch. 2 year contract. Valid for 30 days.
    No mention of Rental charge from Extra Gas.

I'm still on a better Countrywide deal at the moment but thought others might appreciate this information.

Current Countrywide deal [dated 16th Nov 2016] is £0.32ppl Fixed for 1 year with 3.5p cap on 2nd year +£250 credit to switch. 2 year contract. Rental is £15.75/qtr.
  • Seloco
    Seloco Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 January 2018 at 7:54PM
    Options
    I have recently received a letter from Flogas advising that they are increasing my bulk supply price to 68p per litre as of 5th February. It had been 44.5p until October last year. No quantitative explanation has been given for this rise: just vague claims related to pipeline shutdowns in the North Sea and Libya. I find it hard to believe that this increase is justified by wholesale price changes. Is anyone else on this forum seeing similar rises? Are they justified, or am I being taken for a ride?
    Edit to add additional information: I originally took over Flogas contract when moving in to house in January 2015; price then was 44.5p per litre and standing charge of 21.9p per day - no "free gas". Contract renewed for two years in January 2017, still at 44.5ppl (fixed for 6 months) and 21.9ppd. Price was increased to 47.72ppl after six months, then suddenly to 60.62 last autumn, and now 68ppl from Feb18!
  • mcmullank
    Options
    Seloco wrote: »
    I have recently received a letter from Flogas advising that they are increasing my bulk supply price to 68p per litre as of 5th February. It had been 44.5p until October last year. No quantitative explanation has been given for this rise: just vague claims related to pipeline shutdowns in the North Sea and Libya. I find it hard to believe that this increase is justified by wholesale price changes. Is anyone else on this forum seeing similar rises? Are they justified, or am I being taken for a ride?
    Edit to add additional information: I originally took over Flogas contract when moving in to house in January 2015; price then was 44.5p per litre and standing charge of 21.9p per day - no "free gas". Contract renewed for two years in January 2017, still at 44.5ppl (fixed for 6 months) and 21.9ppd. Price was increased to 47.72ppl after six months, then suddenly to 60.62 last autumn, and now 68ppl from Feb18!

Quite simply they are taking the pi**. Even your renewal price in January last year was high. Break your contract and get alternative prices. There is absolutely NO justification for charging 68ppl.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback