May the (NST) force be with you

Comments

• SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    nsd 4 and 5

Think I may have tonsillitis. Sats seem to be interminable. More posts when better x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy birthday, misstara

get well wishes to all poorlies

NSD here - spent on postage for fleabay item, but that was covered by the purchaser. Used existing (and free!) stamps for personal postage.

Tackled some of 'to-do' list today - paperwork for DS2's new school in Sept, deposit payment for the bus he'll be catching, pension queries to accountant, updated business finance records, VAT return (have sent to accountant for advice as to whether to change to new limited cost flat scheme or move to standard scheme - looks like standard may be better for us but I want someone to check my workings out! :D) Good to have got them done, but they took a surprising amount of time and housework has been lacking as a result :(

Today I am thankful for:
    * lovely weather
    * the good nature of my children (in general!)
    * getting some important jobs done
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    greent I wish my clients were as on the ball as you:D

Gratitude today:

1) The wonderful weather we've been having. I've been feeling so much brighter over the last two weeks even if I'm knackered for extra hours at work.

2) My health. 10k in glorious sunshine and a workout today.

3) My pre-booked massage series. NSD today and an indulgence:D

4) My friend Jill. We are SO different, but she is great for me. She stayed over last night and we ran this morning. Put the world to rights:rotfl:

3 NSD's so far. Not great, but well within all budgets.

I got out my summer clothes today. I obviously wasn't feeling great when I put them away - lots of them need cleaning. They all need trying on as well - I'm hoping to get back into some items for the first time in years.

Small shopping trip with Jill after I have done a modelling session on Sunday. I haven't invested in me for so long I am feeling very indulgent at the moment, but when I think how much I was pouring down my throat, I'm spending a fraction of it. Savings pot building nicely.

Happy birthday Mistara
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Any other teachers on here have days where you think why do I stay in teaching?
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Happy birthday Mistata, completely agree with taking the day off. Lovely to be off when its sunny and your birthday!

Hugs to those feeling unwell, hope you are better soon.
    Not much to report here. Went to change some money for a weekend away later this month but the rate they were offering was horrific. Then remembered the page on here about where to get the best deals. Job for tomorrow to look it up and sort that out.

Today grateful for lots of smiles and laughter at work, my weekend starts tonight due to odd work pattern this week and there is still sunshine!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday misstara. Here is some mse gf df cake for you. (Our sainz does a gf df choc cake, and gen1us do gf df choc muffins, just so you know. Have told dh to get me one of their cakes for my bday so both dd and I can eat it!)

Today I am grateful for my counselling session, for catching the same bus back as dh (he'd gone to have a look at the tesc0 gf offers), for my dentist checkup going well, for a lovely sunny day, for dd enjoying her tennis club, for getting started on my moderating, for making plans for the next bank hol, for a good chat with big sis, for my tomato plants not having died since I potted them up, for a chance to say goodbye to the y11s tomorrow, as it is a day that I work.
    s
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just spotted us on the mse newsletter. We're famous!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Happy birthday misstara :beer:

Hope everyone who is feeling unwell or low is feeling better soon. There is so much going around at the school where I work, I'm feeling that I'm getting off lightly at the moment.

Today I treated my son and his friend to burgers on the way home, so another spendy day for me. They have been working so hard at school on the dreaded SATs that they did deserve a treat.

I have switched my broadband and today they confirmed they are sending out my £150 reward card :j I have four lots of cashback that has tracked but not been confirmed yet, although one of the transactions goes back to December - very frustrating :mad:

I've been putting the washing machine on the economy setting before I leave for work and pegging it out when I get home so am hoping that the electric will start to come down. Need to update my freezer contents list soon as my OH keeps taking stuff out and not crossing through what he's taken.

Today I'm grateful the SATs are nearly over, it's moving ever closer towards half term and that I'm finally keeping track of our finances - long overdue.

Still on 3 NSDs though
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just spotted us on the mse newsletter. We're famous!

Good spot! I read it and didn't notice at first, had to go back and look for it!!:T
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening!!!

Today I am grateful for:

• An amazing day - beautiful weather
    • Seeing all of nature on my walk
    • Great company this evening with a friend
    Today = NSD number 6
    Exercised and meditated - check!

Happy Birthday Misstara! Another cake for you!
    :bdaycake:

No news on the car... is a definite lesson in patience! I'm just letting it flow over me. Going to test drive a few cars later this week. What will be will be.
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts