Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    On thing you need to check is how many questions relate to your scenario, for instance the MF burger jobs look horrendous until you see almost half of the quest don't relate to the brief and they vanish when you start the survey.

Thanks for this although I've never seen MF burger jobs in my area - come to think of it, there's lots of jobs that are put on the 'Alert' thread that I've never seen. I'm assuming it's because I don't live in/near a big City.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Larac wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to use the GFK phone recording service?. For some reason, the system was unable to ring my phone. Came through my on my calling ID, but did not ring the phone and could not work out why. Gave up in the end as the fee does not justify the faff IMHO. Five pages of brief on how to record the call and then the brief....

I had a very specific timeslot and tried unsuccessfully on two consecutive days. Tried different computers and browsers with no luck.

I couldn't see it being worth investing the time necessary for the fee so gave up.
  • scrams
    scrams Posts: 17
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why is it that on many restaurant shops on MF you're not allowed to order from the lunch menu? I did one last week where I could not order anything that appeared on the lunch menu...which turned out to be over half of the main menu; and much more expensive.
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 741
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MF briefs are usually quite rigid. It annoys me when you have to take a guest but cannot use a voucher even though the reimbursement does not cover the bill but you cannot dine alone
  • scrams
    Forumite
    I'm sure there's some special MF 'logic' in there somewhere! Perhaps there's a few tightfisted restaurants out there who want to at least make a little bit of cash even from mystery shops - I always find that often the reimbursement (and the addition of the fee) doesn't even cover the necessary purchases even if you buy the cheapest items on the allowed menus.
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    scrams wrote: »
    Why is it that on many restaurant shops on MF you're not allowed to order from the lunch menu? I did one last week where I could not order anything that appeared on the lunch menu...which turned out to be over half of the main menu; and much more expensive.

because the lunch menu is usually two courses for £x which can stop the staff up selling starters and/or desserts.
  • scrams
    Forumite
    I had considered that, but it doesn't stop them from upselling though...in fact that's surely when the company would want the upselling to be done a little 'harder' as they can specifically mention the deal. It's pretty standard during a restaurant job to wait to be offered something before resorting to 'starting the ball rolling' yourself and making your order, and that would be no different here.

In some places I get it, as the lunch menu could be quite small so I guess the company only gets feedback on a small variety of dishes it serves, however in the certain restaurant chain I visited a couple of times it seems as though half of the menu is ruled out due to these guidelines so they still end up with feedback on a small variety of dishes.

See...this is the sort of stuff I sit and think about whilst whiling away half an hour sat in the car between jobs :D
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I had a very specific timeslot and tried unsuccessfully on two consecutive days. Tried different computers and browsers with no luck.

I couldn't see it being worth investing the time necessary for the fee so gave up.
    Glad I am not the only one. There seems to be loads for the same two companies - so guess others may be struggling or passed because of the fee or unrealistic scenarios. I will stick to the Tns phone jobs as easy to do, better paid and scenarios are at least of your own choosing.
  • niagrafalls
    niagrafalls Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hello to everyone, I am new to the forum but have been doing Ms for a few companies for 5 yrs but recently stepped it up. I would really appreciate some advice, I am assuming ABA and Abai are different companies, I have signed with ABA but Abai will not let me register, I get an error message to say java script is not enabled, tried different browsers and different operating systems on tablet, iPad etc, java script is enabled btw. Are they just not recruiting does anyone know, ? Ty in advance ��
  • cupboardie
    cupboardie Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    niagarafalls - welcome to ms-ing! I hope you enjoy it and get a lot from it. Feel free to ask for help/advice on these boards.

I have never been able to sign up to abai because of that message - and several people have the same problem as I have seen it mentioned on this thread.

I first attempted to sign up about 2 years ago and have tried a few times since but i always get the same message as you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback