Clickworker

Comments

• Hello - can someone help me with a quick Clickworker payment question please? I've just started today, and have been racking up the Groupon texts - oooof, they're a bit hard to start with aren't they? But I think I've started to get the hang of them now....! Anyway, I digress...on the payments screen it is asking me for tax information and says I won't get paid til they have it. What exactly are they looking for there, my NI number or what? I'm slightly confused.
  • kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I still don't get the Groupon pieces :o I've started a few now but I thought I was going wrong so I exited the window. Are we really meant to write 300 words just on two keywords?!
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• Just wondering if anyone has actually received money from Clickworker?

I had some money that had moved into "payable", and that disappeared yesterday and I have an invoice showing that it is due to me, but so far no sign in Paypal. How long does it take? It feels rather like its vanished at the mo!
  • I still don't get the Groupon pieces :o I've started a few now but I thought I was going wrong so I exited the window. Are we really meant to write 300 words just on two keywords?!

Yes, although there always seem to be 2 configurations of the keywords (so 2 different phrases using the same words) as well as at least 2-3 other keywords that need to be included. It is rather dull reading by the time you have finished and they always seem to look totally stuffed with keywords to me!
  • Writergirl wrote: »
    Hello - can someone help me with a quick Clickworker payment question please? I've just started today, and have been racking up the Groupon texts - oooof, they're a bit hard to start with aren't they? But I think I've started to get the hang of them now....! Anyway, I digress...on the payments screen it is asking me for tax information and says I won't get paid til they have it. What exactly are they looking for there, my NI number or what? I'm slightly confused.

I can't remember what the actual wording was, but there was something I ticked that indicated I didn't need to pay tax. I think it was something like ticking "no" to being a freelance writer (or something similar). I know that it felt wrong at the time, but on reflection, as someone who is self employed, clickworker have nothing to do with my tax. I complete a SA each year and will declare the income on that.
  • 2cats1kid
    2cats1kid Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    My money has moved from payable too, SchminkyCat. I'm keeping an eye on my Paypal account, but from experience it takes longer for PP to credit than debit, so I'm not panicking yet.

And I also unchecked the box. I do SA, so there's no reason why Clickworker should have anything to do with my tax.
  • kettlefish
    kettlefish Posts: 333 Forumite
    On the Clickworker forum, it says there have been some problems with Paypal and we should get our money today!

All the Groupon pieces seem to have dried up for me - yesterday I got a "plagiarism" message flag up because apparently my piece matched 24 words of another piece of work ... the 24 words highlighted on the automated report were the constant repetition of the keywords so not a lot I could do to change it! I hope that hasn't impacted on the work I'm offered as cleared over 85euro this week :D
  • rls1973
    rls1973 Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August 2012 at 10:41AM
    Not sure I can help with the rejected article - I just had one rejected, but it was because I enclosed the 2nd keywords in strong tags, rather than the 1st, so I rewrote a couple of sentences and it saved ok. Have you tried logging out and back in again, in case its just a blip? (I sometimes find they count my keywords wrong, which is weird. But I just hope that as long as everything is showing green, its ok to go ahead!).

With regard to writing articles with minimal information provided, I would say just use your imagination. I skip through any that I don't know anything about at all (I had one the other day for "product enhancements" I didn't even know what that meant!). I've had body piercing, tattoos, IT services, excursions and cleaning services so far. Only 1 of the city was one I had visited, but I really think that's irrelevant. Just use the knowledge you have of the category, and write it as if you were writing for any city.

Hope that helps?

thanks Schminky.
    I just can't get my head around the strongtags thing though. Could you explain to me like I'm a small child :D please, so for example if I want to have the word "small" in strong tags in the following sentence :

"....explain to me like I'm a <small> child..."

how do I do the strong tags?

Ive emailed them, and they have replied, but they seem to assume that I already know what strongtags are but I've never seen them before! <:o>

Also, when it says the first keyword, that's not the one in the title, that's the first one in each paragraph right?

thanks for this thread anyway
  • The keyword you need to use in each title is the first one on the list (usually something like Tiling Barnsley or Facial Massage Derby) The use of that keyword in the title counts towards your total use of the keyword. You are not to use HTML tags "strongtags" in the titles so yes it is the first usage in the main body of each paragraph.

Strong tags are just < > around the word "strong" so you would write < strong >handyman in Wrexham< / strong >

Remove the spaces - had to leave them in otherwise you wouldn't have seen them as they would boldify what I'd written :o

Hope this helps :D
  • MacsReturns
    MacsReturns Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 11:23AM
    rls1973 wrote: »
    thanks Schminky.
    I just can't get my head around the strongtags thing though. Could you explain to me like I'm a small child :D please, so for example if I want to have the word "small" in strong tags in the following sentence :

"....explain to me like I'm a <small> child..."

how do I do the strong tags?

Ive emailed them, and they have replied, but they seem to assume that I already know what strongtags are but I've never seen them before! <:o>

Also, when it says the first keyword, that's not the one in the title, that's the first one in each paragraph right?

thanks for this thread anyway

I'll try to help, rls...

Tags are effectively instructions used in HTML and tell web browsers how to display the text. They come in pairs (mostly ...) to mark the beginning and end of the included text. 'strong' is the same as 'bold', so by enclosing something in 'strong tags' it will appear in a bold typeface when displayed in a browser, so you need to type it in like this:

"....explain to me like I'm a <strong>small</strong> child..."

The '/'shows that the tag is the closing tag.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback