BoS statement format too obscure for Paypal (a/c suspended)

I had my PP a/c suspended because the activity on it, which hasn't altered in months, is now regarded as unusual. They want a copy of the latest statement and won't accept screenprints, but will take several popular formats. These don't extend to either of the extensions that Bank of Scotland offer, one of which is .cvs. Windows 8.1 can't open or even save this file from the downloads list, which has me completely stumped.

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    CSV is just plain text. You can open it with Notepad, Excel, or anything that reads text files.

Why PayPal will accept that, I have no idea. You could edit it *very* easily on your computer.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    PDF ? Download a pdf creator program and "print" to that.
  • Chapuys
    Chapuys Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm guessing the Bank of Scotland website is very similar to Halifax's. Install a PDF creator printer driver. Then you just go to the account, select the account and go into it. Go to the bottom. Click print and print again and save it.
    Anything I say in no way constitutes financial advice and anything you do is your own decision.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,087 Forumite
    I had my PP a/c suspended because the activity on it, which hasn't altered in months, is now regarded as unusual. They want a copy of the latest statement and won't accept screenprints, but will take several popular formats. These don't extend to either of the extensions that Bank of Scotland offer, one of which is .cvs. Windows 8.1 can't open or even save this file from the downloads list, which has me completely stumped.

You did say CVS but presumably mean CSV which is just comma separated variables, standard for about 40 years in IT.

What formats do paypal take ? I expect someone can talk you through changing CSV to one of them.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Plenty of file conversion utilities available on interweb.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    glider3560 wrote: »
    CSV is just plain text. You can open it with Notepad, Excel, or anything that reads text files.

Why PayPal will accept that, I have no idea. You could edit it *very* easily on your computer.
    In the OP I stated that they don't. If they did accept it, there would be no point in the thread.
    robatwork wrote: »
    You did say CVS but presumably mean CSV which is just comma separated variables, standard for about 40 years in IT.

What formats do paypal take ? I expect someone can talk you through changing CSV to one of them.
    Yes, .csv .
    Chapuys has already talked me through it, and a good job too because the instructions here are a nonsense. If you click on 'printing preferences' to try and get the 2nd screen it shows, it just comes up with the last screen, which is a dead end. All those screens inbetween telling you what printing formats to choose are just unnecessary.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    On what basis are PayPal demanding to see your bank statements? Tell them to get lost. Not their business.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    On what basis are PayPal demanding to see your bank statements? Tell them to get lost. Not their business.

Fine, but the OP's PP account will stay suspended, which presumably is not the result that he wants.
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

I just logged in to my Bank of Scotland internet banking, it has the option to download your statement as a PDF, surely that would be okay? Alternatively you might be able to print the statement and ask the bank to stamp it (this is okay for UK visa applications, so surely paypal would be ok with it!)? If not, ask for a paper statement, the first copy should be free.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Where is that ? I can only find export as .csv or .qif and print as .jsp. The only .pdf option is on the credit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure